Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yo! MTV Raps

Options
  • 08-06-2006 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭

Was just remembering recently bout how my mother had recorded over all my old vids of Yo! MTV Raps with episodes of Eastenders, Coronation Street, etc...and it got me thinking, can anyone remember all the tracks that featured in the theme tune? I can only remember two, "South Bronx" by BDP and "1nce Again" by A Tribe Called Quest. Can anyone add any more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

was ll cool j's loungin used and i'm sure there was a wu video used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

An ll vid was used, biggies big poppa too... I'll have to check old video tapes though, haven't seen it in soooooo long. Bless, the good old days of waitin up till past 12 to see a hip hop video!!

it was well worth the wait though. one of my fav vid's was nine's "what u want" finally picked it up on vinyl a few weeks back, oh the memories...........................................................................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

yeah nostalgia ...staying up late to watch music you like ...now theres too much on the digital channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Anyone remember the days when it was on daily about 5pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yeah i do indeed, when we first had MTV over here, it was on in the early evening alright, back in the day when MTV was about showing music videos. Then MTV was taken out of the cable package and when it came back Yo! had been relegated to a late night spot after the lick or something like that. So damn irritating

It used to be on every evening. Then it was changed to a Saturday morning. First it was Ed Lover, T Money & Dr Dre doing a top ten and then it was Fab 5 Freddy out on location.

After MTV stopped that it was just a collection of videos using the name of Yo but it was never the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 chris01

Was just remembering recently bout how my mother had recorded over all my old vids of Yo! MTV Raps with episodes of Eastenders, Coronation Street, etc...and it got me thinking, can anyone remember all the tracks that featured in the theme tune? I can only remember two, "South Bronx" by BDP and "1nce Again" by A Tribe Called Quest. Can anyone add any more?

Your mum did what lol thats funny, but eastenders is funny man. I cant remember the tunes but your mum recorded eastenders over yo mt raps! lol thats a classic one lol

Yeah, twas pretty depressing stuff alright. Was mostly stuff from early to mid 80s, some with Biggie guest hosting, mostly stuff from when Angie Martinez was host though. Had some quality vids on there. Yes, my mother received a severe beating(*) for that!!!

*replacing "beating" with irritable moany teenager for a couple of days might be a little closer to the mark:) :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭mazroo

' I rock rough an tough with my afro puffs.. rock on wit cha bad self'...love that.. Lost boyz renee... th dogg pound..lets play house.. tupac temptations... Ahhhh yo raps.. classic

lost boyz - renee. they had that on heavy rotation. class vid. anyone remember when fab 5 freddy went on location for a method man vid and introduced us to the whole wu-tang clan. ghostface han his infamous mask on

I do indeed remember that. Wasn't the mask because he was wanted for some crime?

I used to have the episode of Twista with the guy from the Guiness Book of Records on tape. This was back when he was called Tung Twista.

Nah he just wore the mask cos his name was Ghostface... not as exciting as he was wanted and on the run, but its the truth :D

u'd think that with all the ****ing repeats that they show on all the mtv channels they cud show a few of the old classic shows. show all these youngin's what real hip hop is all about.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

Whos the 3rd guy freestylin in this???

Erick Sermon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

Erick Sermon
    the generic version

Advertisement