Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting your lappy!

Options
  • 07-06-2006 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭

Anyone got it done or anyone know anyone that does it! It would be kinda cool to get it done dont ya think?

I would like to get my dell lappy spray painted but wondering how much it would cost! any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Haven't you seen hackers?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

As you asked, I think it would be about as cool as a forty year old man dressing up as a prepubescent female cartoon character.

And I reckon it costs about as much as a can of spray paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Why not just buy one of these? Ferrari Laptop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try searching for laptop skins in google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

them replies werent much help,

a painted laptop is very cool, if you do it right. dell laptops are about as dull as yesterdays newspaper.

however, as i have painted mine i would suggest you dont bother, unless you got alot of patience and time and can do without your laptop for about 3 weeks. (for paint to dry, make that 6 weeks+ for it to be fully dry!).

you need 1/2 2 coats of primer and up to 3 coats of paint, you can get away with the auto car spray in motor factors.

the worst bit is stripping down the laptop to its bones, and bear in mind you are dealing with dozens of screws, all shapes and sizes.
    the cons far outweigh the pros.
    if you got confidence and are pretty skilled at dissecting laptops, then give it a go!

otherwise a laptop skin as pointed out is a far more sensible option.

as for dell laptops, they are cheap and cheerful, (for the most part), so they dont give a toss if they are all the same drab grey. as long as they get thier euros.

the hoff:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement