Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE Double Chance tonight

Options
  • 07-06-2006 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

After a great rush on Sunday (winning/splitting oscar's tourney and finishing up €760 after two hours in the cash games), I've decided to treat myself and go in tonight for this.
    Anyone else going in?

Edit: Sorry completely forgot about rules. Please could you move this. Sorry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Scalps tonight - 60+10+5.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

jtsuited wrote:
    Sorry completely forgot about rules. Please could you move this. Sorry.

What's the rule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

bman wrote:
    What's the rule?

There's a sub-forum for all things tournament. Keeps the forums tidier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

isnt it 40+10+5 with one rebuy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

they should really update their site. Not in rebuy mood at all. So anyone actually know what's going on tonight ?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

yes, it is a scalps with one rebuy tonight in the SE. I think it is 40+10+5 with 1 rebuy of 40.

I notice they are moving far more towards the 40-80 bracket in all their games toi try and get the Thursday night crowd to come in more. I think the new Fitz game on Thursday though will affect their numbers a bit in the wrong directions.

Washout wrote:
    isnt it 40+10+5 with one rebuy?

Indeed it is. I was getting it mixed up with Saturday.
    5starpool wrote:
    I think the new Fitz game on Thursday though will affect their numbers a bit in the wrong directions.

I genuinely don't think so. People have been predicting doomsday for the Thursday double chance since day one because of the horrible structure and crapshoot nature of the tourney after the break with little or no postflop play involved. It still hasn't stopped the 60-70 regulars from returning week after week and I dont think a new tourney in the Fitz will either, as it's the same SE regulars that make up the numbers every Thursday.

Maybe the new structure of it will shoot them in the foot though :p

well I am unlikely to be repeating my once every 2 months journey to their Thursday game unless I feel like a lower buyin game, so that is on average 0.125 less people every week, and there are a few others that go their purely cause there is nothing on in the Fitz.

Saying that though I was only saying to someone last week that it was amazing that there was such a different amount of faces in the SE to those you would find in the Fitz.

One way or another it won't affect it by more than 10 people anyhow.

yeah i thought that myself when I ventured down to the Fitz last week for the 1st time in ages. Veyr few faces I'd recognise from any other card room.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

jtsuited wrote:
    they should really update their site. Not in rebuy mood at all. So anyone actually know what's going on tonight ?

Head to the Jackpot 100 FO. We need some dead money. I haven't been there yet so this is a good excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Head to the Jackpot 100 FO. We need some dead money. I haven't been there yet so this is a good excuse.
    i might head into the 100 fo in the jackpot. haven't been there since the first night.

can anyone give me precise directions to the jackpot?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

What's the new tournie at the Fitz. (Hate when work gets in the way of poker...)

jtsuited wrote:
    can anyone give me precise directions to the jackpot?

It's on a small sidestreet between Harcourt St and Camden St. From the Camden St side, just find the Spar and head up the one-way street beside it towards Harcourt St. If you know where Whelans/The Village/The Palace is, you'll find it no problem. (Edit: going by your sig, I assume you know where Whelans is!).

From the Harcourt St side, follow the Luas line from Stephens Green and go through the first set of lights on to Harcourt St. I'm fairly sure it's then the first sidestreet on the right, heading towards Camden St.

thanks lenny

MadsL wrote:
    What's the new tournie at the Fitz. (Hate when work gets in the way of poker...)
    It is a 140+10 Freezeout on Thursdays. Starts at 8.30. 5k chips. 3 x 20 minute levels and the rest are 30 minute levels. Starting tomorrow. Should be good hopefully.

5starpool wrote:
    It is a 140+10 Freezeout on Thursdays. Starts at 8.30. %k chips. 3 x 20 minute levels and the rest are 30 minute levels. Starting tomorrow. Should be good hopefully.

I thought it involved a €25 scalp? I hope not tbh, I'd prefer a straight freezeout with a decent prizepool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

yeah it just a regular freezeout 150+10 (i think) with the freeroll being kept at 7.00 start.

EDIT: clearly i should start reading more of the thread, 5star has everything you need! though i think its 150+10

sikes wrote:
    yeah it just a regular freezeout 150+10 (i think) with the freeroll being kept at 7.00 start.

EDIT: clearly i should start reading more of the thread, 5star has everything you need! though i think its 150+10

Hmm, thought Bohsman said something about a €25 scalp. It's on the sub-forum somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

luke was plugging (if thats the word) it last night and didnt mention anything about a scalp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

anyone go to this last night?

what were the numbers like?
    good inauguration to this tourney?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Washout wrote:
    anyone go to this last night?

what were the numbers like?
    good inauguration to this tourney?

I was going to play this, but free beer divert me.

Did go in for some drunken monkey poker later on and pretty sure that there were 23 runners, but vision wasn't the best at that stage!! May I recommend not playing poker until 5.30am when you have work the next day. :(

sikes wrote:

Don't argue with me ;)

It is advertised as a €150 freezeout, including €10 reg, so it is €140+€10. No scalps. I presume the scapls idea was a mooted one that was decided against by Luke. I expect this to get over 30 runners tonight cause a lot of people I was talking to last weekend said they would go to it. Hopefully it will get over 50 regularly once it beds in.

Advertisement