Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Config of CISCO pixes with new web gui?

Options
  • 07-06-2006 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Has anyone used this?

i;ve been told that all the new pixes have a cool web Gui for setup and what not i'm just about to buy one and wanna see how easy it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I don't think the PIX line has a GUI. I know the ASA line does, and they are replacing the PIX's, slowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

WizZard wrote:
    I don't think the PIX line has a GUI. I know the ASA line does, and they are replacing the PIX's, slowly.

Actually they do, it's called PDM (PIX Device Manager). I believe it's a java applet that runs from a web browser. Not sure if it's any good or not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

there has always been a gui with the pix (PDM), it basically converts your GUI config into a the backend command line config. It relies on java, which is a bit ropey and if your medium to expert level pix user, then its easier to setup your pix command line.

The GUI for version 7.0 is much better, the vpn wizard is really nice and they have a cool setup where it shows the direction of the access-list/nat applied.

....as for version 7.0 of the PIX in general, don't do anything fancy or cisco TAC will become your new best friends.

The cisco forums are quite good.
    http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=Security_discussion

Advertisement