Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Break / Grey's Anatomy starting on RTE..

Options
  • 06-06-2006 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭

Finally, it's starting...!

Saw an ad earlier during 'Desperate Housewives' (which i'd like to clarify the girlfriend was watching, NOT ME!) with Wentworth Miller (Michael) and Dominic Purcell (Linc) announcing RTE would be the first to show Prison Break and it's starting Tuesday 20th June - i'm guessing it'll get 'Desperate Housewives' slot. Decent time-slot for it to have!

And finally all you unlucky people who haven't seen the show can finally witness it in all it's far-fetched but oh-so-entertaining glory! :D

And maybe if it starts pulling in viewers and interest, we can finally get a Prison Break forum round here!

Oh, and also the quite excellent Grey's Anatomy is starting this Sunday (June 11th) with a double episode in a very respectable post-9 O Clock slot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

June 4th was last Sunday,did it start on Sunday already?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Whoops... quick case of typing diarrhoea!

Was meant to be June 11th.
    Grey's Anatomy
    (Drama)

Time - 21:25 to 23:15 (1 hour and 50 minutes long).
    When - Sunday 11th June on RTÉ 1

A Hard Day's Night. Series 1, episode 1.
    Meet Meredith Grey. Daughter of famous surgeon Ellis Grey and currently recovering from a one-night stand. She shoos away her evening's companion, saying she'll be late for her first day of work. She is a first year intern at Seattle Grace Hospital and is working alongside some colorful characters. New series.
    Director: Peter Horton
    Starring: Ellen Pompeo, Sandra Oh, Katherine Heigl, Justin Chambers, T.R. Knight, Chandra Wilson, James Pickens Jr., Isaiah Washington, Patrick Dempsey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

basquille wrote:
    Finally, it's starting...!
    So the resuts are in!

route 66 boyzzzzzz
    oohhh eeee, you're juzt az pretty az advertizzzed.

what slot is desperate housewifes? 10? 10.30? 11? Are they doing any double bills? Where is NYPD Blue? What happened eh? soooo many questions, i think i'm going to have to ponder for a while

/i'm off to post in the prison break request thread. Gonna do some moaning and bitching Rollo style and get banned or even worse...thrown in prison, however, i plan on breaking out, i have a php script i uploaded earlier which enters null values in a field in the mysql database.....gotta go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

I've heard so much about this show. Im probably going to have to tune in, now that Desperate Housewives, Lost, The Sopranos & Smallville are all finished.
    I need a new show to watch.

what slot is desperate housewifes? 10? 10.30? 11? Are they doing any double bills?
    10 - 10.50 is "Desperate Housewives" slot.

I'd say the first night may be a double bill but my listings won't go that far ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

ohhh I love Grey's anatomy. It was on Living tv and mid-season it just stopped. How dumb is that? Did any of you ever think you watch wayyy too much tv? I know I do. Now another two shows to try and follow and RTE are crap for repeats.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I thought C6 had prison break, or do RTE have the terrestrial rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sweet, I've only seen eps 1-13 of Prison Break. Instead of doing the maths I'm gonna say that I'll see the second half of the season on RTE before it comes out on dvd? I'm not sure when that's out, the entire season 1 is out in R1 in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

Both these programmes are excellent - still have a few episodes of Prison Break to watch but it really is quite clever. Grey's Anatomy is very good as well - I've seen the first two seasons and it gets better as it goes along.

I think I could be persuaded to watch them all again.

Michael Schofield and McDreamy for the summer. mmmmmmmmm

D

datk wrote:
    .. Grey's Anatomy is very good as well - I've seen the first two seasons and it gets better as it goes along.
    Yeah, the
    Christina Ricci bomb episodes
    were up there with some of the best TV this season!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭AliasFan47

Looking forward to prison break but Grey's anatomy is just painful to sit through

can someone give me the jist of Grey's anatomy, by looking at the adverts on TV it looks like My So Called Live but in a Hospital or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭AliasFan47

The jist is. I'm an attractive intern surgeon I used to be a model and my life is so hard. Insert pout here. I need to over analyse everything. Poor me. Poor me.

For everyone's sanity do not watch this programme. Im begging you. It's awful.
    I know comparissons have been made between ER and G.A. but even though Er has gone down the tubes lately its still way better than this overwrought melodrama

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I disagree,Grey's is fresh and funny,ER is tanking at this stage. I idn't think Grey's would be good,but its kind of like a mix between ER in the good days and Scrubs. Very good show. You should watch it.

think i'll give it a miss, wouldn't appeal to me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Did anyone catch the joke in Scrubs about Grey's Anatomy?
    Scrubs wrote:
    Elliot: J.D., I really don't wanna do this. Can't we just go home, and put on our PJ's, and watch "Grey's Anatomy"?
    J.D.: Oh, I do love that show. It's like they've been watching our lives and then just put it on TV.

Couldn't tell you what episode it was though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

pokerwidow wrote:
    ohhh I love Grey's anatomy. It was on Living tv and mid-season it just stopped.

You sure it wasn't just the end of the first season? Grey's started off as a mid-season replacement, there are only nine episodes in the first season. Speaking of which, anyone know if RTE are planning to show the second season as well so they can start off Season 3 next year, or if it's just Season 1 for the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

saw the first two episodes.
    I want to punch ms. grey. god she's far to cocky.
    It's a very girly show...that's all I'll say.

Smurfpiss wrote:
    It's a very girly show...that's all I'll say.
    Not specifically true...

... believe me, as someone who's 35 episodes into it - i think there's enough action to make it as much for the fellas as the laydees! :D

And as i've said, i believe in the 2 seasons which aired.. there's been very few slip-up's... but even though i enjoy it, i don't really specifically like any of the characters.. i don't dislike them but don't feel any special connection to them either, except probably George (who's excellent as the comic relief)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ah I watched the first ep and then turned it off, didnt know there was going to be another, the main girl wasn't a model was she?

it seems like it trying to be hip surgery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

the main girl wasn't a model was she?

No, Meredith wasn't, Izzie (aka yer-one-who-used-to-be-in-Roswell) was.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

flogen wrote:
    I thought C6 had prison break, or do RTE have the terrestrial rights?

Channel 6 do have the cable rights for here but RTE Have terrestrial! C6 Start to show from Aug/Sep

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I <3 Dr. Shephard!

Good show, I think I can see myself watching it every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Grays anatomy is flipping brilliant, across between ER and scrubs. I'm addicted already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Grays anatomy is flipping brilliant, across between ER and scrubs. I'm addicted already!

Much as I love Gerys Anatomy it cannot be COMPARED to the comic genius of scrubs. Sure it's sometimes funny, but I'd say it's more like a cross between ER and Ally McBeal or Desperate Housewives. (i.e. not really that funny, the emphasis is more on the drama and the romance).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

As much as I like GA one thing is really beginning to bug me and that is that almost every scene is accompanied by music. I didn't notice it at first but now it's driving me mad! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

aw greys anatomy is brilliant my friend was home from america there 3 weeks ago and she had the first season i watched it in two nights its so addictive...i was so happy i watched the box set cause its on rte the same time 24 is on sky one and i wouldnt be able to watch it instead of 24...the only bad thing is there's only 9 episodes in the first season(they only didi 9 just to see what people thought of it)!!!but there's 20 summit in the second series...

mcowhey wrote:
    the only bad thing is there's only 9 episodes in the first season(they only didi 9 just to see what people thought of it)!!!but there's 20 summit in the second series...
    9 episodes in the first season and 27 episodes in the second season..

.. RTE have a long long way to catch up! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement