Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPSO 4.1 manual + nokia ip120 manual.....help

Options
  • 06-06-2006 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where i can get an ipso 4.1 manual (download) and nokia ip120 manual?

Recently just bought an ip120 off ebay with ipso 4.1 loaded, cant find the downloads for the manuals anywhere

so does anyone know where i can get them or has them?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

This is a very grey area, and i am assuming your only using the box for learning about firewalls/nokia and not for production systems.

-IPSO 4.x isnt actually supported on the ip 120 only IPSO 3.9, the 120's lack enough memory.
    -You can't have the checkpoint NGX software on the box either only the NG versions of firewall-1 and they tend not to work with 4.x

There is always the syngress book
    http://www.syngress.com/catalog/catalog.cfm?pid=2345
    the nokia menus have only slightly changed in version 4.x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

thanks

i will just be using it for my home connection and to learn about it so it wont be handling massive amounts of connections, just 2megs up and down

the firewall i am getting has 128megs ram. is this not enough for ipso 4.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭wandererz

Hey,

Let PM me an email address & i'll send you on the IPSO 4.1 docos.

With regards to the IP120 -highly unlikely that you will be able to run IPSO 4.1.

If you want to run/learn NGX my suggestion is to install SecurePlatform instead. You will be able to comfortably run on a minimum spec PIII 128/256MB machine.

* PC Intel PentiumPro or AMD Athlon CPU or higher
    * Disk Space: 4GB
    * Memory:
    o 128MB RAM for other products
    * At least two Network Interface Cards (NICs)
    * For installation, either:
    o A bootable CD drive
    o A diskette drive and a CD drive
    o A diskette drive and remote installation facility (FTP, NFS, or HTTP server)

how come the owner was able to put ipso 4.1 on it? would it just need more memory for higher amounts of traffic? or will it just not function at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭wandererz

IPSO 4.1 is supported from the IP130 up with 256+ Megs RAM.

IPSO 4.1 will probably run, just not provide the expected performance for a business environment.

What you may want to also consider doing is to install just the Check Point enforcement module component on the Nokia & the Management server component on another machine to slightly reduce the load on the box.

Also bear in mind the issue of Check Point licensing - check Point is licensed to the IP address of the box.

• Advertisement

il see what its like when i get it, as i said, it will only have to handle 4megs of traffic max, so it should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 igodit

I'm glad I found some other users, I have a nokia IP 120. My hard drive crashed last year and since then have been running a CF 512MB with m0n0wall. However I want to go back to using IPSO so that I may learn it.

How can I get the IPSO back to install?

igodit wrote:
    I'm glad I found some other users, I have a nokia IP 120. My hard drive crashed last year and since then have been running a CF 512MB with m0n0wall. However I want to go back to using IPSO so that I may learn it.

How can I get the IPSO back to install?

theres no point as it doesnt include a firewall ,youd need to install checkpoint (not free)

i am trying to run monowall and having issues with dns
    what type of isp u using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 igodit

gline wrote:
    theres no point as it doesnt include a firewall ,youd need to install checkpoint (not free)

i am trying to run monowall and having issues with dns
    what type of isp u using?

Well I got the checkpoint software along with when I purchased, I haven't even opened it yet.

I have a lab environment with 2x Debian servers and 1x Windows XP and the Nokia device is setup to do routing between the LAN, WAN and DMZ.

The LAN has all three machines, the WAN to my cable modem provider and the DMZ to the wireless access point.

What were you saying I had to install checkpoint, do I do that on the modem or on a server. I can tell you version and which checkpoint I have... I'll rip it open when I get home.

if the nokia is only routing traffic then you dont need checkpoint at all

afaik ipso can be downloaded from nokia website
    also how much did the checkpoint stuff cost?

what exact checkpoint software is it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement