Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record labels....

Options
  • 06-06-2006 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hi ya,
    if this is the wrong thread, one of the mod's can move it!
    I was wondering what people's feelings about setting their own label company, what does it entail etc etc. Does anyone have any experience or info about it!
    Otherwise what records labels are out there that promote bands? What do they do for you, beside the usual 'take the money and run'?
    I would rather try and setup my own label and promote it myself but it sounds like a lot of work!
    Any thoughts would be great!
    See in another lifetime brother.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

depends what kinda label you wanna run. What most people do (people without large capital) is set up an indie label that covers copying and distribution. You need a bit of capital for that but if your confident you will make it back go for it. Some people like to cover promotion too but it may work out handier if the artist employs a seperate promotion company. The idea is to get the stuff distributed and hope someone bigger buys you out :D then you make money.

check out http://www.fmc-ireland.com/publications/factsheets/cd_duplication.htm
    for info on distribution etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

the most important thing is to get the good bands/artists

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

Cheers for that ball ox,
    alot of info there that i didn't know about! It's really only for my band's cd, and not others bands but it looks like it's alot of work!

Advertisement