Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chip installed needed

• 06-06-2006 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

I have a 1.6 xbox and a Xecuter 3 chip, i have already tried to solder the chip in and killed my motherboard.

To be honest i would rather someone that knows what their doin then putting my xbox through hell again if i try it.

Is there anyone in the southeast area iam in Waterford that would be willing to chip it.

I dont know whats the goin rate for fitting a chip but throw me a price.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Elaborate on what you mean by "killed my motherboard".
    Can you post a photo of the solder?
    Did you read all the instructions?
    Is the xbox still powering on?
    Did you try the LPC Rebuild pcb? The alternate 5V (you have to remove a pin fron the pinheader) is important on v1.6s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

Well the Xbox would boot then getting flashing green and red and constant rebooting which i was told was bad D0 connection.

I doubled checked everything but my soldering skills aint the best. I decided to take the chip out then the xbox would not even start.

I sent it over to england to be repaired and they said it was truly dead so i went and bought a new motherboard and harddrive, installed it and now i ahve a working xbox again but i want it chipped.

I followed all the instructions to the letter, i do think it was my lack of soldering skills that prob done the damage.

Do you think maybe just getting the solderless adaptor would be ok, iam kinda on the fence when it comes to picking between solder or solderless.

solderless is a waste of time.
    Learn to solder.
    Buy a proper soldering iron and tip, a flux dispenser pen, good rosin flux solder, read the guides carefully. You should know exactly what you need to solder and in which order.
    Practice on some trash electronics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Bit late now, but you should have got ir premodded, or someone else to solder it.

Soldered chips are better imo, more durable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

Yeah i know premodded would have been the way to go, I dont really wanna risk soldering it myself i know something is bound to go wrong and when it does i wouldn't have a clue of how to fix it.

I would be willing to pay postage and costs to someone if they wanted to solder it for me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

just softmod it .will not cost you a cent .works just as well as modchipped box.have done four so far,no problem.

Except you can't have modded boot logos, use LCDs or IR mods, or have children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

what a compelling case mister sykpak.

OH NOES TEH CUSTOM LOGOZ

Advertisement