Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Home And Away Moment

Options
  • 05-06-2006 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

It's almost 20 years old know, c'mon post your favourite moment(s)...

(or those sad ones that nobody liked but were really good)

1. HOT Flynn
    2. Stalker (chpt 1)
    3. Tom being swept away in the flood in those early 90s
    4. Leah + Vinnie's wedding
    5. Everything to do with Kane + the Sutherlands

But what I hated/loved the most

*drumroll*

Angie, the word Bitch springs to mind. Oh I hated her so, but the her being Tasha's mum thing was wkd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i liked the Angel/shane story. i actually prefered the story lines back then, with all the old gang, shane ,angel, sarah, thug and damien.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Yeah Shane and Angel were great..they lived in Don's house i remember and remember their babysitter, Shannon, thought Shane was in love with her and she became obsessed. Home and Away is so far-fetched now, its unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

they lived in Don's house

What happened that house? Suppose it got burnt down in a bush fire. Thats usually what happens.

Dont really watch Home and Away in a while but I flicked it over the other day. I saw Tasha in some cult thing. Seemed to be the very same storyline that they had a few years back with Selina. Is there any differences??? Or is this the same cult???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Femmy wrote:
    i liked the Angel/shane story. i actually prefered the story lines back then, with all the old gang, shane ,angel, sarah, thug and damien.

Yeah i lovedShane and Angel too and Steven and Selena and Bobby and Greg.

remember when angel was having the baby and a "mysterious" guy on a motorbike,(obviously Shane's Ghost) help them (cant remember who was with her inthe car) find their way....?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

dajaffa wrote:
    3. Tom being swept away in the flood in those early 90s

Tom died of a stoke/heart-attack. Michael was washed away in the flood.

My favourite moments were from WAY, WAY back.

Best moment; Lance wins $500,000 (back in the 80's when it was really worth something) in the lottery and while Martin jumps around in joy Lance faints.

Best storyline; When Frank was going to marry Roo, who was pregnant with Martha and pretending Frank was the father. And Floss predicted that he would die in a car crash and then he bought a car with nearly the exact number plate that she dreamt of, it had a 'v' instead of a 'u'. So Bobby, who was in love with Frank set fire to it, so he wouldn't die.

Then on the day of the wedding Tom bought him a car that had the exact reg. no. And at the wedding Roo confessed that Brett was the father and Frank ran off. He got in his car, drove past a moping Bobby and crashed.

He was unconscious in hospital when Bobby went to visit and confesses she loved him. And then he flat-lined and was revived, thus meeting Floss's prediction. And when he woke up he and Bobby got together, and eventually got married and lived happily ever after.*

That was how you made a good storyline!

*At least until, they got divorced and he left her and ended up living with Roo in America and never came back. And Bobby married Greg who cheated on her and then she died.

that was a brilliant blast from the past..thank you , i could nearly see it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

Then on the day of the wedding Tom bought him a car that had the exact reg. no. And at the wedding Roo confessed that Brett was the father and Frank ran off. He got in his car, drove past a moping Bobby and crashed.

So was that brett dude in it years ago too? The big crooked business guy? Cant remember him at all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Yup, Roo went to live with Morag for a while. I think Alf wanted to keep her away from Frank. While there she started dating Brett, who got her pregnant but didn't want to know. So she went home and slept with Frank so she could pretend the baby was his.

Then Brett got mumps which left him infertile so he suddenly wanted to know about Roo's baby. However once the baby was a girl he was less interested and his own dad was p*ssed off with him for not producing a male heir. Roo eventually put Martha up for adoption.

The Macklin's opened an office in the Bay for some property development they were running. Brett worked there with Tom for a while, but due to his poor work ability his father replaced him with his sister Stacey. Who dated Steven's uncle, Philip, until Dodge, Steven's friend, killed him in an arson attack on Celia's shop. A major blow for Steven as the rest of his family was killed in a fire when he was younger.

My eight year old self really lapped this up!

oh give us more iguana. love reading them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i vaguely remember some of the older ones.. (im only 18!) i remember the big flood.. and Marilyn & Don! aaw.. and when that girl (eek.. names are hazy.. a friend of Curtis' perhaps?) was hit by a train.. and Joey dressing up as a woman.. and Selina's ripped jeans (random i know).. *sigh*

it went through a bit of a "meh.. ok" stage then, but the last few years its been really good i think!
    The stalker storyline was deadly, and
    its making a return in case anyone doesnt know!

i think its genuinely really good again, long live the bay

favoruite moments,
    -from a purely cheesy point of view, i loved Noah & Hayleys wedding
    -also, anytime the world is clsoe to ending due to a natural disaster, and the orange suits come out.. i always cheer.

also, this man makes it worth watching... :o

pete11fakebomb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

ah the weddings are always pretty hammy - such happy occasions - not like eastender or corrie where something always goes skew.

I think the maddest storyline was when joey smoked a spliff and shortly after lost his mind - he was talking to his dead dad saul (as a disembodied head on his computer screen) - that was totally hilarious.

I always thought there were 2 writers - one mad/funny one and one straight guy. The mad one writes crazy stuff for 2 weeks, and the straight guy has 2 weeks to try explain the craziness and get it back to normal. Oh those guys - they should have a tv series just about them!

I love the episodes where a load of old characters come back (like that boat disaster one about 4 years ago - that was cool - tonnes of old characters back in it - and no one died - bring on the orange jackets - I LOVE IT!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

also loved that storyline where alf was dying and started seeing ailsa again. Thats pure gold there - and the episode - "you have a choice - come with me forever, or wake up" and he gets shown summer bay after he dies (though of course no one can see him or ailse) the whole bay all goes to crap - josh going out with hayley, and beatin her around - noah becomes a drunk bum etc - and of course he decides to go back but remembers stuff to tell people too.

that was amazing!

one thing he did remember was something about Seb - actually whatever happened to seb (and nick, and the sutherlands??)

Seb was in a car accident, when Alf's son Duncan was driving.. he went off somewhere for "treatment" i think..

Nick went off to America to become an actor was it?

The Sutherlands.. well Kirsty went off with Kane, the fugitive.. hehe.
    Jade, was annoying. eeh. i dunno where she went. Off with Seb perhaps?
    Danni, again.. she was awful annoying. cant quite remember where she went.
    And Shelley and Reese got back together, after Shelley had been with that guy who had a phobia of scars :D. hehe.. and Reese left Beth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

nollaig wrote:
    What happened that house? Suppose it got burnt down in a bush fire. Thats usually what happens.

Dont really watch Home and Away in a while but I flicked it over the other day. I saw Tasha in some cult thing. Seemed to be the very same storyline that they had a few years back with Selina. Is there any differences??? Or is this the same cult???

No actually the foundations subsided and a tree fell on it.

What was the whole thing of Jade not being Kirsty's twin, i missed all those episodes. and what did Kane actually do to Danni? All i remember was that the Sutherlands hated him. My favourite moment in home and away was anyone involving Floss and Neville (remember them? they were in a gypsie caravan in the caravan park).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Baby4 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Ah! Thanks for that explains so much. well in Home and Away anything is possible, eg Bobby falling for Alan (her brother)! I loved the early episodes, anyone know if they are rerunning or can be got on DVD?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

does anyone remember when bobbi (was that her name?) started appearing on the door of alf stewarts fridge? or did i imagine it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 chelle2ie

It happened! I think that was the start or H&A's love affair with dream sequences. Usually involving Alf in some way.

theres some cool montages on youtube.com if anyones interested :)

just search for home and away

also, theres a few upcoming episodes floating about too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Tom (original and first one!) gave this chap (can't remember his name) that was flirting with Pippa at the time a slap on the jaw.
    Damien arriving back with the dreds, oh roffle! :D
    Lance and Martin running over Celias bike in an army tank.

I can't think of any more but they probably involved Alf and his temper.
    One thing about Home and Away, the wimmens were more fiesty than the men, always fighting in school. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭disney

Do ye all remember when there was some sort of landslide and jade sutherland was with duncan in the steward house. Kirsty was at home and her physic twin thing with jade happened so she knew jade was in danger and ended up saving jades life.
    After that we found out they were switched at birth and so were not related at all much less twins, h&a script writers should really think theyre storylines through a lil bit better!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Moe79

Wow, loved Iguana's summary of the Roo/Brett/Frank saga.. I have only the slightest of memories of those storylines.. would love to see them all again.

I remember Frank and Roo working at the Macklin offices too for a while and that was where they started to fall for each other again which led to Frank leaving Bobby to live in NY with Roo.

But Frank did return a few years later to throw a spanner in the works for Bobby just as she and Greg had got together. But I think he somehow ended up back in the States with Roo, because any times he's been back in recent years for floods/anniversaries, he's mentioned Roo and how she couldn't make it. She NEVER makes it for these events.

Actually, out of the original cast, only Roo, Neville and Tom have never reappeared after they left. Neville and Tom both died though. Every other character has returned at some point - even two other dead characters, Bobby and Ailsa.

Back to favourite moments, I loved the way Noah lingered around as a ghost in the weeks after his death.. it was a really sad storyline and that final goodbye between them on the cliff watching the sun set was heartbreaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Another Damien moment, when he stood up to Tug. "He broke me flamin' nose!" or maybe I'm imagining this. :)

Advertisement