Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ameteur Indie Bands

Options
  • 05-06-2006 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I'm a bit short of cash and want some good new music to listen to. Does anyone know of some good indie bands that i can download off the net for free legally.

Tnx

Peter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

check out our myspace

download away!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

You can download all of the Brian Jonestown Massacre albums for their official site (under music) and if you like what you hear you can give them a bit of money. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

I went around myspace a while ago, found aload of good stuff. I cant rember alkl the names but As Tall As Lions was one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

MySpace definitely. Use allmusic.com to find bands that you like and then check if they've got a MySpace page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Is this the kind of place that I can post the link to my own band's MySpace?

http://www.myspace.com/the_daze

• Advertisement

The Popular Front are on myspace, not free to download but they sound good. Haven't seen them in any shops or anything, anybody else heard of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Karlusss wrote:
    Is this the kind of place that I can post the link to my own band's MySpace?

Why not? If anyone wants to link to a myspace band of any shape or form, fire away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭delorentos

John2 wrote:
    Why not? If anyone wants to link to a myspace band of any shape or form, fire away.

sure thang.

www.myspace.com/delorentos

also a video up there... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

iFight wrote:
    The Popular Front are on myspace, not free to download but they sound good. Haven't seen them in any shops or anything, anybody else heard of them?

3/4 of that band went to school with me, they pretty good alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 66e

Hello.

Just to let you know that we have 3 new tracks up on myspace (www.myspace.com/66e) if you want to have a listen.

We are also going to be travelling around the country over the next couple of months starting with a headline gig Crawdaddy on Saturday June 17th with Betamax Format if your out and about then.

Cheers,

66e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 shelbourne

66e wrote:
    Hello.

Just to let you know that we have 3 new tracks up on myspace (www.myspace.com/66e) if you want to have a listen.

We are also going to be travelling around the country over the next couple of months starting with a headline gig Crawdaddy on Saturday June 17th with Betamax Format if your out and about then.

Cheers,

66e

You guys are good ;)

Exit Evangeline are good aswell, more acoustic, but they are good :D:D And free to download;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You could check out jaded sun, my corduroy, and star belgrade- all available on cpu.ie, which has a massive range of Irish unsigned bands for download, deadly site to while away a few hours. Sure have a look at SDM while you're there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 shelbourne

not indie music but very good and different from rest of music in dublin

http://www.myspace.com/thenorthstrandklezmerband

good in their own funny way
    http://www.myspace.com/bncrew

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dubrichie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JakeLuxor

Shameless plug alert.................

http://www.myspace.com/hybrasil

Dunno if it qualifies as 'indie music' (Im a dance music fan so Im not really qualified to judge) but the lads seem to think they are an 'indie band' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Daft Berk

Two Tunes to Download.

Freshly baked and ready to play....

www.myspace.com/onehappytrout

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Get listening to a band called Seafood. Played over here a few times and have just released an excellent new album. Pretty big on the underground scene and thankfully haven't gone too mainstream, even though they are more than good enough to do so.

http://www.myspace.com/seafoodtheband

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Sham Squire

www.myspace.com/conanbrophy two free legal downloads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement