Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irishrail.ie

Options
  • 04-06-2006 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

I'm not too sure if this link is going to work; http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/timetables_junction1.asp

If it dosen't simply go to the site and do a search for Connolly to Skerries on a sunday.

If it dosen't, it's a timetable, I went to their site earlier today and went to check the train times from Connolly to Skerries and read that there was one at 3:00 pm, but wehn I got to connolly I couldn't see what platfom it was goign from, so I asked one of the ticket inspectors working there, and he said there was no train at 3:00pm, when I said I'd just seen on on the internet he said yeah but its a Sunday service.

WELL DUHH!!! It's Sunday it's hardly going to be a a Friday service.

Now it's my own stupidity for not noticing that it wasn't a direct route, so fell free to slap me around the head with a wet fish.

But does anyone else think that it is a bit stupid to advertise such a service?

Also, does anyone know what the story is with paying a fare?
    Would I actually have to pay a fare to Drogheda and then back again to Skerries?? I'm tempted to try it, but don't want to get a record for 1/ being a padantic git & 2/ waste a hour of my time.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

When I look at the timetable it gives that train in unbolded print and in two portions. It makes sense to give it as an option as it does save a wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

gillo wrote:
    I'm not too sure if this link is going to work; http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/timetables_junction1.asp

But does anyone else think that it is a bit stupid to advertise such a service?

No. It is by far the earliest arrival in Skerries for that time. The next direct train arrives 1h40 later.
    gillo wrote:
    Also, does anyone know what the story is with paying a fare?
    Would I actually have to pay a fare to Drogheda and then back again to Skerries?? I'm tempted to try it, but don't want to get a record for 1/ being a padantic git & 2/ waste a hour of my time.

AFAIK You would have to pay for both, Connolly-Skerries via Drogheda is unlikely to be a valid route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

The website did exactly what it was meant to do offer the quickest route between 2 points, its quite good at finding ways of getting to places, 15:00 to Belfast and change Drogheda, there was a 14:32 direct Connolly Skerries

There is no 15:00 to direct to Skerries any day of the week

It is a grey area but given the Irish Rail journey planner gave you the journey I'd try the single ticket route

I ain't got anytime for someone you couldn't read the presented information, its unquestionably clear

Picture 2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,978 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I would fully expect to pay a single fare. It is an advertised route to Skerries therefore it is valid.

Advertisement