Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who sings ' you've got the love'?

Options
  • 04-06-2006 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

You've got the love - ive been trying to download that song for ages and i keep getting club mixes but i want the origional! does anyone know who sings it?

some of the lyrics are : sometimes i feel like saying lord i just don't care but you got the love i need to see me through

id really apreciate if you could help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The Source featuring Candi Staton. (She did the original version.)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Don't link to illegal websites - John2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JakeLuxor

Ratch wrote:
    You've got the love - ive been trying to download that song for ages and i keep getting club mixes but i want the origional! does anyone know who sings it?

some of the lyrics are : sometimes i feel like saying lord i just don't care but you got the love i need to see me through

id really apreciate if you could help

I think the original mix was a dance track anyways.
    The track came out first (one of the original pioneering tracks out of chicago) and then a second version by the producer just got Candi Staton to sing the you've got the love vocal over it.
    Least thats the way I remember it but Im open to correction on all the above :D

http://www.myspace.com/hybrasil

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There are two tracks involved (obviously). The original vocal track comes from 1986 - Candi Staton sang it acapella and it barely scraped the bottom of the charts. Staton has always tended to sing gospel music, which explains the lyrics.

The music comes from a 1985 track called "Your Love". It's usually credited to Frankie Knuckles these days even where people know it exists, although all he did was remix it for Trax records - the track was written and performed by Jamie Principle.

John Truelove (aka The Source) put the two together in 1989 on an Ibiza bootleg EP called Love/Rock. Only about a thousand copies were made. The combined track got cleaned up and reworked a bit by Truelove in 1991, distributed it to clubs as "Eren's Bootleg Mix" and this is the version that got officially released and the version most people would regard as the "original" version.

As for which original version(s) you want, I guess it depends whether you want music in the background (or some broad singing in the foreground) or not.

Advertisement