Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hpi savage "x"

Options
  • 03-06-2006 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

hi all,
    as a beginner to the monster trucks, as i own a traxxas nitro buggy but am venturing to the monster trucks :) reading various rc mags im very impressed with the new savage x, has any one any advice or do's or don'ts before i purchase?
    and any one recommend a good dealer in ireland

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

i bought my revo from this site and they are very good. delivery is fast. i ordered it on wednesday night and it arrived the next monday.
    sorry i cant give any info on the savage though

www.modelsport.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭vixen2005

thanks for that.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

vixen2005 wrote:
    hi all,
    as a beginner to the monster trucks, as i own a traxxas nitro buggy but am venturing to the monster trucks :) reading various rc mags im very impressed with the new savage x, has any one any advice or do's or don'ts before i purchase?
    and any one recommend a good dealer in ireland

thanks

The thing to do is ask youself were you completely satisfied with you Traxxas buggy?
    If so.
    Why change to another manufacturer ?
    It would only make sence to me to stay with Traxxas.
    I own a revo 2.5r and would in no way even dream of changing to a Savage.
    I am not saying they are a bad piece of equipment, But what I am saying is every type has its weaknesses etc. But I just feel that at this stage go for a T-Maxx 3.3 or a Revo 3.3 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

hmmmm savage X hmmmmm I have a few HPI models so I suppose it's down to choice. Never had a Traxxas model so I can't talk about them really, but the guys I do know who have Traxxas models are very loyal owners.
    I'd be the same about my HPI models I love my savage it seems to be able to take all kinds of knocks. I'd love to have the money to buy a Revo 3.3 tho, pound for pound you get more in size with the SavageX and it costs less than the Revo 3.3 price on modelsport.uk 379.99 for the SavageX 440.00 for the Revo 3.3 sterling prices. The Revo is 1/10th scale where the Savage is 1/8th the choice is yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

If you can get this month's edition of rccaraction, their is a shootout between the savage x and the t-maxx 3.3, that might help you out. Anyhow the savage and t-maxx are a bit old at this stage and if you want something up to date go for the revo 3.3, simply the best out there;) www.towerhobbies.com will be fairly cheap and have good deal's to get you sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

X is a great truck tho as soon as you get it - tighten the gear mesh :) they factory settting is awful on the gears;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

vixen2005 wrote:
    ....and any one recommend a good dealer in ireland thanks
    Have you checked out Green Hobby in Harolds Cross yet?
    Also there is The Model Centre in Capel Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Do they do HPI or Traxxas:confused:

Advertisement