Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 24 hours (TV & Radio + Web) station

Options
  • 03-06-2006 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

I know people say this won't happen until digital and they might never be a demand for it.

Why couldn't RTE do a 24 news that is produced for both TV and Radio (and net). This would balance out the cost and the demand.

I think that radio and TV are crossing over more now, theres plenty of examples of radio programs being filmed and broadcast on the radio and the net.

I think there has been endless examples recently of the need for 24 coverage of news form our state broadcaster, the dublin riots, the bus rampage, all the happenings the last few days, and constant examples of RTE not cutting scheduled shows to cover something. We always have to go to look for sky coverage on these things The nightshift is dead on all 24hr stations so Ireland won't be any different but its a chance to cover international stories.

aslong as its primary directive it says it will cover more then then just the 3 same stories all day.

Advertisement