Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Results

Options
  • 03-06-2006 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

anyone have any idea on likely dates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,568 ✭✭✭maidhc

Mid June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭kelloggs

i heard some people got them friday. egg all over my face as i've been predicting the 16th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Ava

no-one got them last friday....? whoever told you that? this friday is highly likely i hear

An bhfuil gach duine sasta?

an sasta ar fad. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭SitUbuSit

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone who got their FE1 results recently did as they wanted to. Most of my friends who sat them seemed to be happy with their results.

I'll be sitting 4 or 5 of them in October and was wondering if anyone had advice. Did anyone do the Griffith College prep course or any other prep course? Would you recommend it? Would anyone be interested in selling me their Griffith College notes?

Thanks,
    Seamus

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone who got their FE1 results recently did as they wanted to. Most of my friends who sat them seemed to be happy with their results.

I'll be sitting 4 or 5 of them in October and was wondering if anyone had advice. Did anyone do the Griffith College prep course or any other prep course? Would you recommend it? Would anyone be interested in selling me their Griffith College notes?

Thanks,
    Seamus

My suggestions:
    • Do at least 5 to start off, it gives you the ability to fail at least 2 without loosing everything
    • I don't know about the Griffith courses, but I havn't heard great things. The exams aren't hard to study for yourself. The best method of study IMO is by attempting the past papers in conjunction with the examiner's reports.
    • There is no need to know stuff in the detail like you might in college exams. No need to know differing opinions on moot points of law. However you must know the law, and the courses are very broad. The questions are practical and do not generally require a historical knowledge, you must however know the current state of affairs.
    • The syllabus the law soc provide is meaningless. Compare EU past papers to the EU syllabus to get an idea of what I mean.
    • Finding is not examinable in Property.
    • Make sure you can do at least 7 of every 8 past papers from the past 8 exam sessions if you want a reasonable chance of getting 5 questions you can attempt in the exam.
    • There are no patterns to the exams so don't bother looking for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

I got my results and I passed two and failed two. I failed Criminal by 6%. Does any one recommend I get a recheck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭focusing

What can you lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭SitUbuSit

maidhc wrote:
    My suggestions:
    • Do at least 5 to start off, it gives you the ability to fail at least 2 without loosing everything
    • I don't know about the Griffith courses, but I havn't heard great things. The exams aren't hard to study for yourself. The best method of study IMO is by attempting the past papers in conjunction with the examiner's reports.
    • There is no need to know stuff in the detail like you might in college exams. No need to know differing opinions on moot points of law. However you must know the law, and the courses are very broad. The questions are practical and do not generally require a historical knowledge, you must however know the current state of affairs.
    • The syllabus the law soc provide is meaningless. Compare EU past papers to the EU syllabus to get an idea of what I mean.
    • Finding is not examinable in Property.
    • Make sure you can do at least 7 of every 8 past papers from the past 8 exam sessions if you want a reasonable chance of getting 5 questions you can attempt in the exam.
    • There are no patterns to the exams so don't bother looking for them.

Hi Maidhc,

Thanks so much for the suggestions. It's just a case of not really knowing what to expect I think. I was always ok with uni law exams but not sure of what is really needed here. Your suggestions have really cleared some things up for me.

I'll definitely get the past exams papers and the examiners' reports and work from there. I've heard really good things about the Griffith notes so I'll still try and get those and use them as a reference I think.

Thanks for your help,
    Seamus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Going to do 5 or 6 myself in October. Was told in college its know a lot about a little and know a little about a lot for the fe1s

thats it in a nutshell - esp true of criminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

chances are that I will have to repeat all four which is Equity, Criminal, Constutional and Contract, Can anyone recommend another subject to do. Which would be the easier(not that any of them are easy) subject of the remaining 4?

which two did you pass?
    some of the subjects tie in with each other and i think diff subjects suit different people. i have a friend who flew tgrough tort and eu yet failed equity!

i'd say either do company ( its grand but snoozy) or else property ties in nicely with equity!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Shinners23 wrote:
    I got my results and I passed two and failed two. I failed Criminal by 6%. Does any one recommend I get a recheck?
    Yes I'd say get them re-checked, I've heard about people who came up by 9%.. :eek:
    Shinners23 wrote:
    chances are that I will have to repeat all four which is Equity, Criminal, Constutional and Contract, Can anyone recommend another subject to do. Which would be the easier(not that any of them are easy) subject of the remaining 4?
    I'd suggest throwing in Property which has overlaps with Equity or get EU out of the way at the same time as Constitutional.

Tort is a nightmare of an exam, so it might be the one to leave to the hopeful final 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Passing the exams isn't hard, all you need is the basics. Imo, you're better off covering 6 topics adequately than 3 topics expertly. Passed all 8 and I used photocopied Griffith packs for 7 of them, Ryan's Revision book for Constitutional. The exams are far too overhyped, keep calm and you'll pass them.

Btw, I'd recommend a recheck, easier to risk 80 euro than resit 4 exams.

Advertisement