Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandycove WaterPolo Club Tournament Fundraiser

Options
  • 02-06-2006 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

1. Who is running the event: Sandycove Waterpolo Club
    2. The purpose of the event: Fundraiser
    3. Date and Location of event: Friday 14th July
    4. Registration and Start time of event: Reg 7.00pm, Start 8.00pm
    5. Any prerequisites: No
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number: Cash on the night
    7. Type of Tournament: NL Holdem
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc: €50 buy-in, €25 Rebuy, €25 Top-up
    9. Cost of registration: No Reg
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund: 50% to 70%(Depending on no's)
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool: No
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels: Rebuys end at 10pm, top-ups at 10pm
    13. Starting Chips: 1500
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts: 1500 rebuy, 3000 top-up
    15. Blind levels: Starting at 10-20
    16. Blind timeframes: 20 mins
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash: Final Table(Could change, depending on no's)
    18. Are there going to be dealers: No
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules: Yes
    20. Is there a tournament director: Yes
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say: TD

This tournament is being held in Glenalbyn Swimming Club Bar, in Stillorgan.
    There will be a fully stocked bar open for the tournament. Come along, a good night will be had by all, especially you. Anyway it's all for a good cause.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭kickintheteeth

i also meant to say, i am not affiliated with this tournament, i just said i'd advertise it here for a friend.

also any suggestions about the tournament are welcome. (structure, buy-in, chip stacks)

ty

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think that when a tournament is run as a fundraiser then abviously less monney will be given out in the prizepool but it wouldn't encourage me to go when I see things such as '50-70 depending' and 'it depends' in the description. I know it may be hard to gauge until the numbers are official but I think something like:

50% given out if less than 50 players
    60% if between 50-70
    70% if more than 70

etc etc would be better.

Also I must clarify that I am not going to this anyhow, even if it was 100% payout. I am just offering suggestions. Hope it goes well for them anyways.

One other thing I would say is that I think the full amount taken in and payout should be announced after the rebuy period ends. Not necessarily the prize distribution, but this way it will be transparent and everyone will know how much is going to the fundraisers.

thx for the info, yea i agree it is ambiguous, i'll talk to him about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Who's organising it? Just curious - I played with them for a few years, wonder if the same players are about.

eoin healy is running it

• Advertisement
Advertisement