Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So wait...is Talib Kweli actually getting worse?

Options
  • 02-06-2006 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Just listening to Coup's newest(nice album btw)and Talib pops up on track 4 with Black Thought.And gets murdered.And Black Thought is hardly in stellar form here,nor is it Boots best performance on the album,but Talib sounds so dead,so uninspired lyrically and just plain disinterested.His voice seems to have gained new levels of annoyance and his lyrics consist of lines like 'Underground still about my...gangsta'.He got hammered by Papoose on Right About Now as well,and both his last two albums have been sub-par.

So what the hell happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Dunno. Maybe Rawkus folding knocked some of the spirit out of him.

Blackstar, Reflection Eternal - both on a par and Kweli at his best.
    Quality - a fairly big drop in standard but still worth a listen
    The Beautiful Struggle - mediocre at best.

The Danger Doom track he featured on was another disappoinment.

That Coup track, My Favourite Mutiny is my favourite track on that album though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Beefeater

ya, definately...
    since Blackstar and Train of thought its been downhill. Ms Hill is the only track that really cuts it on right about now. He still has the ability to shine on some of the collab's he does like with zion-i on Temperature etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

i absolutely hate beautiful struggle but love his other albums

his new song "listen" is good

Advertisement