Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virus?

Options
  • 02-06-2006 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I changed back to using IE for a while since FF was beginning to annoy me with the amount of memory it took up. I rarely have a problem with viruses and always keep my computer up to date with antispyware, firewalls and so on. Now it seems there is a problem when only related to FF. A recent scan using AntiVir showed the following from the report:

C:\Documents and Settings\Ruu\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xs020ycb.default\cache\cfe064f1d01
    [0] Archive type: GZ
    --> unkwn
    [DETECTION] Contains signature of the PHISH/Ebayfraud.CF virus
    [INFO] The file was moved to '44e30d6c.qua'!

I tried clearing the cache, denying access to the file, removing the file both manually and with the viruscan but it still shows up a couple of minutes after i startup FF. It does not show up when running IE. Im running XP home with SP2 installed. I tried to find out info on the above "virus" but couldnt find much anywhere.Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You could try turning off system restore if it's on.
    Boot into safe mode and delete it.
    Search the disk for copies of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Manually delete the cache in Safe Mode; followed promptly by scans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Will try that, cheers.

Advertisement