Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Game at the IPT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Have to say I’m very disappoint to come 20th, I played very well for most of the night and there was only 1 hand I could think off that I was disappointed about how I played, before we got down to the last 30. The hand that costs me my final table place I feel was the 10’s v’s the 8’s of Noel Furlong when I had him all in and well covered. I did get very lucky on the bubble when a badly timed steal attempt got called my A10 s v’s my j4 os, I spiked a J, but he had the flush and straight draw on the river, but a beautiful red 2 saved me on the river and I was up to 60k, well above the average stack.

I had been dogged earlier by I think rooney_dives, brother of Whiteknight, who played a very aggressive game and played the man more than the cards, I nearly got the chance to knock him out early on my first table when he got away from my house. When we got to the money, he pushed all-in from the SB while I was in the BB, I look down and saw AJ suit and was delight at getting the chance to get heads up with him and take the chiplead, unfortunately he had the AK and a king on the flop sent me packing. I should have known when he had a big hand by the reaction on this face when he saw his hold cards. But good luck in Spain when you’re over there with the Irish team Rooney.

It was a great night and I was glad to cash in such a big field as it had been a while, I was also delight to win the auction for the snooker cue, it has some very impressive names on it and as I’m a big snooker fan, this will take pride of place in my house.

Good luck to the lads playing the big event tonight and I’ll see you guys out there on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

Ollieboy wrote:
    Have to say I’m very disappoint to come 20th, I played very well for most of the night and there was only 1 hand I could think off that I was disappointed about how I played, before we got down to the last 30. The hand that costs me my final table place I feel was the 10’s v’s the 8’s of Noel Furlong when I had him all in and well covered. I did get very lucky on the bubble when a badly timed steal attempt got called my A10 s v’s my j4 os, I spiked a J, but he had the flush and straight draw on the river, but a beautiful red 2 saved me on the river and I was up to 60k, well above the average stack.

I had been dogged earlier by I think rooney_dives, brother of Whiteknight, who played a very aggressive game and played the man more than the cards, I nearly got the chance to knock him out early on my first table when he got away from my house. When we got to the money, he pushed all-in from the SB while I was in the BB, I look down and saw AJ suit and was delight at getting the chance to get heads up with him and take the chiplead, unfortunately he had the AK and a king on the flop sent me packing. I should have known when he had a big hand by the reaction on this face when he saw his hold cards. But good luck in Spain when you’re over there with the Irish team Rooney.

It was a great night and I was glad to cash in such a big field as it had been a while, I was also delight to win the auction for the snooker cue, it has some very impressive names on it and as I’m a big snooker fan, this will take pride of place in my house.

Good luck to the lads playing the big event tonight and I’ll see you guys out there on Sunday.

Hey Ollie

Well played m8, glad to have dumped my chips to you early on, yet again !! lol

Mel Judah wasn't having any of my raises - and I guess my inexperience prompted me to lay down like a good little puppy!

I had to laugh when the guy to your left came out with "so who are you ?" to Mel....classic

Well done again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

PiperT wrote:
    Hey Ollie

Well played m8, glad to have dumped my chips to you early on, yet again !! lol

Mel Judah wasn't having any of my raises - and I guess my inexperience prompted me to lay down like a good little puppy!

I had to laugh when the guy to your left came out with "so who are you ?" to Mel....classic

Well done again.

Yeh, he was a really nice guy, kepting asking me who this guy was and what he had won etc. Didnt know any of the snooker players and he only knew Andy Black because he saw him on telly the day before. But when he ask Mel "who are you"? I couldn't help laughing. Mel didnt know what to say. Did you notice him raising a lot of hands and betting any flop he could get at, I dont think he had a clue what he was doing, was dying to get involved with him.

At the start the table was playing a good standard of poker, but as the stacks got smaller, people start to play tighter and the blinds killed the game as a game of poker. You were unlucky as you tried to get involved early, when everyone else was prepared to gamble with you. Always the next event mate and nice to meet you again.

Ollie

Advertisement