Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Soundtrack Preview

Options
  • 01-06-2006 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

There's a great preview of the season two soundtrack featuring music composed by Bear McCreary available at Soundtrack.net. Link

The reviewer gives a succint review and provides a 30-second preview of each track. Having listened to them it sounds fantastic and even could surpass the excellence of the season one soundtrack! Release date according to Amazon.com is the 20 June, although the LaLaLand Records label indicates it ships on the 13 June.

Highlights for me would have to be the "Colonial Anthem" featuring the original BSG theme tune as heard in Final Cut; "Prelude to War" from "Pegasus" and "Resurrection Ship, Parts 1 and 2" (the music from the Adama and Cain face off).

The key movements from the season finale are also included, so a warning to those who haven't seen all of season two just in case as the track titles for these are not subtle.

Would be interested to hear what you think...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Haruspex wrote:
    The key movements from the season finale are also included, so a warning to those who haven't seen all of season two just in case as the track titles for these are not subtle.

Just wanted to say thanks for that warning. :D

I have the miniseries soundtrack I mostly bought it for the bass drum part at the start just after "are you alive?". Great bit of listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Well those of us who got the season 1 soundtrack will tell you it was well worth buying, no doubt this will be as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Passacaglia was the stand out track on the OST 1, I'd say the Cain/Adama confrontation theme will be the stand out on OST 2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Listening to Season 2 soundtrack now on my surround sound system and its good.
    I've listened to it all now and its not quite as good as season 1.
    The guy Bear Mc Creary is extremely talented.
    I'd recommend anyone to pick it up.
    Roll on October.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

As someone who wasn't initially sold on the direction the new series had taken, I can admit when I'm wrong and thoroughly enjoyed season 2!

In fact, I've gone back and purchased season 1 on DVD as well as the soundtrack to it (just arrived this morning - good ole ebay! :D) and there's some great tracks on it.

As for the season 2 soundtrack:
    Haruspex wrote:
    "Prelude to War" from "Pegasus" and "Resurrection Ship, Parts 1 and 2" (the music from the Adama and Cain face off).
    That's the one I'm looking forward to! :D

• Advertisement

Listening to Season 2 soundtrack now on my surround sound system and its good.
    I've listened to it all now and its not quite as good as season 1.
    The guy Bear Mc Creary is extremely talented.
    I'd recommend anyone to pick it up.
    Roll on October.
    Where'd you get it? I had a look on amazon and its not out till the 26th? Play.com doesn't even have it for preorder yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Where'd you get it? I had a look on amazon and its not out till the 26th? Play.com doesn't even have it for preorder yet..

Special Advance copy .;)
    Its out on Amazon.com
    Best songs are Pegasus,Roslin and Adama,Prelude to War,Reuniting the Fleet,One Year Later,Martial Law,Something Dark is Coming and Black Market.
    Aah they are all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Kaiser2000 wrote:

I pre-ordered mine directly from La La Land Records (see first post for link) and it shipped earlier than expected so I received my copy last week. I managed to snag a composer-signed edition so that was a nice bonus!

"Prelude to War" in its full 8 minute glory is a fantastic piece of music. Anything from both parts of the season finale "Lay Down Your Burdens" is also excellent. It certainly sates the appetite until October.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

sound tracks eh? i it'll help pass the time until se3, me thinks i'll look into this further...

I don't suppose you can buy and download online anywhere? itunes or something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    I don't suppose you can buy and download online anywhere? itunes or something like that?

I haven't seen it on iTunes yet, although they sometimes don't have these soundtracks immediately as it's released by a smaller record label. I found ordering from the US site fairly efficient and as I mentioned, it arrived earlier than expected. Came to about €18 at today's conversion rates with postage and packing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Great soundtrack! I love "Something Dark is Coming", nearly 9 mins of moody brilliance.

I'm hoping I can pick that up in a store here, before I go back home.

Joy, I found a copy in San Diego with the help of a friend and I've really enjoyed it so far. There's more variety to it than season 1, which is excellent and there's some fantastic tracks: Prelude to War and Something Dark is Coming really stand out.

My girlfriend and the foetus both loved the drums, which is a key to it as always.

Buy it! :]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i hope you've picked a name other than 'the foetus' by the time it gets born

Advertisement