Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alll are welcome (for once)!

Options
  • 01-06-2006 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Why differentiate between US and UK/IRE for individual episodes.
    Is it to keep the common Irish viewers away from the US elite?
    Think about it, there is no reason for having 2 threads, where each describe the events of Lost up to and no further than that episode, it would allow us to learn from each other not divide us further apart*

*possibe over-reaction, but hey!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sandals wrote:
    Hi,

Think about it,

Try that before you hit the Stupid Post button.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

can I have an opinion on the subject matter from you Kdjac?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Well the way I see it is it's aired in America and then the people who've seen that post about it...

Then when it's shown in Ireland the people who haven't seen it before watch it and post in it... but by that time the US thread is miles down the page and has far too many posts for someone to read through to get to the end of the thread...

It's better to have them seperate because that way people who watch the IRL episodes get to start their conversation from scratch and possibly come up with the same ideas the US people came up with without people moaning that that point had been put accross 127 posts previously...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sandals wrote:
    Hi,
    Why differentiate between US and UK/IRE for individual episodes.
    Is it to keep the common Irish viewers away from the US elite?
    We can't be seen in the same threads as you cool cats.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

hahahahahahaha! :D

ah..took d words out of my mouth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

She means we should recycle the old US episode threads when they air in Ireland, which makes sense in theory but theres usually a lot of spoilers for the next episode at the end of each thread so I don't think its a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

Anima wrote:
    theres usually a lot of spoilers for the next episode at the end of each thread so I don't think its a good idea.
    Which is the very reason I avoid the US episode topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I don't think its a case that the US/IRL threads are dividing our camp ;) but elitist threads and people carrying a superior attitude. Typical example on the first page now is : New Lost Theory? Stay Out Non US Viewers Spoilage:rolleyes:

That's completly unnescessary, "New lost Theory? US potential Spoilers" would have been more than adequite. Staying up late at night waiting to dl from some tracker (or gettin it from the cousin:rolleyes: ha fúcking ha) the latest episode does not make you cooler than all the other kids, no matter what you've been told.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I defy you to prove that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

but elitist threads and people carrying a superior attitude.
    its time for the revolution, come comrades shake off this oppression of the bougios (I cant spell that word).

I think steveland? hit the nail on the head in his post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

MeTV wrote:
    Which is the very reason I avoid the US episode topics.
    I don't find that's the case at all, except for knowing the name of the next ep. The threads were made the day the episode aired in the US so there can't really be a discussion about the next episode. Sometimes there's a synopsis posted in a link, but I find people use spoilers properly.

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

There's a stupid post button? Is it near the any key?

Advertisement