Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really vague - Any ideas?

Options
  • 01-06-2006 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭

I remember as a kid i used to have a load of puzzle books, all from the same company. Basically on every two page spread there was a clue that you had to solve to get onto the next page. I remember one of the books was something to do with a treasure under the sea or something.

I know very vague but maybe my description rings a bell for someone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yep, have a couple of them floating about at home - can't remmeber the name.

The 'Treasure under the Sea' one was to do with a sunken underwater city if i remmeber correctly.

There was one to do with Smugglers.

Another one to do with a 'haunted' mansion.

And countless others.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bking

They weren't those "Choose Your Own Adventure" books, were they? Like:

If you want to take the well lit path go to page 245
    If you take the creepy, dark path go to page 270

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

SofaKing wrote:
    Yep, have a couple of them floating about at home - can't remmeber the name.

The 'Treasure under the Sea' one was to do with a sunken underwater city if i remmeber correctly.

There was one to do with Smugglers.

Another one to do with a 'haunted' mansion.

And countless others.

Yeah they're the ones! Now if only I can find the name...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

bking wrote:
    They weren't those "Choose Your Own Adventure" books, were they? Like:

If you want to take the well lit path go to page 245
    If you take the creepy, dark path go to page 270

They were fun too, apart from constantly getting killed. bastids.

Like you said there was a puzzle every 2nd page to progress.

And if you got stuck, there was a hints page you could check out or if you were seriously stuck then you could check out the answers page at the back. Or i you just couldn't be arsed, you'd just turn over to the next page :)

Some of the puzzles were seriously tough though. Still can't remember the name, its annoying me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

They were published by usborne i think - that's going to wreck my head

EDIT - Actually I think they were just called usborne books

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Usborne-Puzzle-adventures-x-2-Bargain-No-1-2_W0QQitemZ7030726430QQcategoryZ122373QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Is that them???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

They were the younger readers version of the "choose your adventure" malarkey and indeed they were published by usborne.

**** thats going to annoy me now.

Orlee - those are the ones I remember anyway. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

http://www.usborne.com/puzzle_books/puzzle_adventures/puzzle_adventures.asp

HOw's about these ones??? I remember reading the vanishing village! I used to always buy them when the Book People came to our school!

Orlee wrote:
    They were published by usborne i think - that's going to wreck my head

EDIT - Actually I think they were just called usborne books

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Usborne-Puzzle-adventures-x-2-Bargain-No-1-2_W0QQitemZ7030726430QQcategoryZ122373QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Is that them???
    Oh, its those ebay ones for definite. I have a bunch of them collecting dust somewhere.

I can now remember that there was one that involved going into outer space and to another planet. There was a whole load of these books.

I wasn't too shabby at solving the (easy) mirror writing-type puzzles :)

Advertisement