Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewalls ??? Is it possible ???

Options
  • 01-06-2006 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hey all. For the summer I'll be living in an accomodation which includes free internet. However, there is a firewall. Is there any way of getting around it so that I can continue usind limewire and poker programs ???
    Any help would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Yes there is and im not telling :)

Suggest you contact the person in charge of the broaband to open up the poker port because no way would i open up the limewire ports as its an unfair use and all it takes is one heavy limewire user to screw a broadband connection for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

I doubt they would do that !!! It's in a college campus. It'd be more poker than limewire though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

[FONT=&quot]
    If its a college campus you can forget it as being brought to court by Erma is not on there list of fun stuff to do during a summer.

I would try for the poker though but unlikely as it’s a college broadband pipe and gambling addicted students is enough of a student services argument to prevent poker sites being allowed.

As for telling you how to bypass a firewall that just wouldn’t be ethical (and I plain don’t like limewire).[/FONT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

You speak sense my friend.
    Cheers anyway though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lee Smartie

limewire spreads parasites so i wound not recommend you to use it. you can surf web free within firewall too, you just need to add everything to exception list or whatever it is called. but you should read carefully everything that pop-ups, because you can allow malware to access your computer and firewall can prevent this. learn more at spyware protect .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Like it seems that whenever a LimeWire user starts operating at one of the free hotspots I frequent, it hogs the system to where no one else in the place can use the Internet?

Advertisement