Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

escalade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

give me a 05 Range Rover every time, that's just vulgar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yes a rangerover or even a x5.no problem but that looks crap.love to find out how much he sells it for at the end as he wonot ever get asking price

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭istep

€95 grand :eek: FFS that's just ridiculous ...agree give me an 06 Range Rover any day or even a tricked out Disco !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

That price probably includes the 2 kg of finest Columbian snow hidden in the door linings :D:D:D

Who but a drug dealer / wannabe "gangsta" / rapper would want to drive this abomination of a vehhickle anyway ??

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

peasant wrote:
    That price probably includes the 2 kg of finest Columbian snow hidden in the door linings :D:D:D

Bargain! Buy a K and get another K free and a GangstaBarge thrown in for free on top :D

*snnnnooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttssssss*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

drdre wrote:
    OMG :eek: , What the hell is wrong with irish prices.this is max 40k usd in US and here its 95k euro:eek:

Its called VRT and without it we wouldn't have the first class hospital system, the fine roads, the world leading public transport system, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Two cars that I will never understand the appeal they have. The Escalade adn the Navagator.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

colm_mcm wrote:
    give me a 05 Range Rover every time, that's just vulgar

Have you seen them in the flesh? They are even worse - the pictures don't really show the sheer bulk of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Saw one parked around Croke Park a few months ago... ugly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Chavved up pimpmobile. It's dreadful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

kbannon wrote:
    Its called VRT and without it we wouldn't have the first class hospital system, the fine roads, the world leading public transport system, etc.

LOL dont you mean the Gold plated roads!

Seriously, how can most other countries in the world manage to have good public transport ,heath care, road systems AND don't charge VRT?

is it population? petrol prices? toll roads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

unkel wrote:
    Bargain! Buy a K and get another K free and a GangstaBarge thrown in for free on top :D

*snnnnooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttssssss*

i would buy it if i get that stuff included in the price:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

He's having a laugh. This is roughly €50k, I can't see that VRT is €44? Alternatively get an 04 RR for your €95k, and some common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Anyone see much american car's, there is a cryisler 300c in KK, big and ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah I've seen that around Kilkenny alright. Saw one on the Cork road just past Dungarvan too (may be the same car).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭spooner_src

Just to say that these prices for american cars are ridculous here compared to US. I have driven a 300C (in Germany), a Escalade and a Ford Expedition in the states and canada. Pretty impressive get up and go once you are premanentally attached to a petrol station.

Just to say that these prices for american cars are ridculous here compared to US. I have driven a 300C (in Germany), a Escalade and a Ford Expedition in the states and canada. Pretty impressive get up and go once you are premanentally attached to a petrol station.

A bit OT, but the Chrylser 300C comes in a 3l diesel as well, so probably a bit more economic to run. Of course, because you're not allowed diesel in NY or California, you have to buy the apparently more green 5.7L petrol one over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Mc-BigE wrote:
    LOL dont you mean the Gold plated roads!

Seriously, how can most other countries in the world manage to have good public transport ,heath care, road systems AND don't charge VRT?

is it population? petrol prices? toll roads?

VRT is probalby compensating for the fact that we have one of the lowest income tax rates in europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Lets say it cost 40k euro
    allow 3 grand to get it shipped
    duty would be 10% of 43 which is 4,300
    vat would be 21% of 47,300 which is 9933
    which is €57233

then, the VRT is 30% of what the revenue reckon it's worth, and it's gonna be compared to the raro and other top end suvs in this regard, so lets say the revenue value it at 95k thats another 28,500 giving the cost price of €85,733

then throw in a few grand for your troubles, also known as profit, and a few more grand for haggling room and you're very quickly at 95k

it's not cheap, but the guy clearly has a lot of money tied up in this venture too.

eoin_s wrote:
    you're not allowed diesel in NY or California, you have to buy the apparently more green 5.7L petrol one over there!

Ah well, at least the hemi is one of the very few good things automotive that originated in the US :)
    prospect wrote:
    VRT is probalby compensating for the fact that we have one of the lowest income tax rates in europe.

You vote FF or what? VRT is an illegal tax, only just tolerated by the EU at the time cause otherwise the country would have gone bankrupt. It would be more fair to scrap it and increase direct taxes, but that won't happen of course with the election coming up

• Advertisement

unkel wrote:
    You vote FF or what? VRT is an illegal tax, only just tolerated by the EU at the time cause otherwise the country would have gone bankrupt. It would be more fair to scrap it and increase direct taxes, but that won't happen of course with the election coming up

Woah there lad,

I never said I agreed with it, I was just answering the other posters question of how other contries finance infrastructure if they have no VRT.

I agree with scrapping it and increasing income & luxury taxes, as that way everyone pays for our public services, and not just the motorist.

Only messing, prospect ;)
    prospect wrote:
    I was just answering the other posters question of how other contries finance infrastructure if they have no VRT

Road tax, VAT on cars and fuel and other items related to cars and of course excise duties on fuel are more than enough to finance road infrastructure. Especially here in Ireland, where the government doesn't pay a cent itself in many cases and lets private companies pay for it and then charge tolls

unkel wrote:
    Only messing, prospect ;)

ya fecker

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I was watching Top Gear the other day and they were sayin the same thing about how expensive it is to get them into the country. Then they had lill oul Richard Hammond driving it, he looked a right twat - To stand beside it he had to get up on a bucket! It's like 18 feet long or something rediculous - Horrible looking things as far as Im concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Could jsut put 70 grand into a new XC90. That's alot nicer than the Escalade anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

eoin_s wrote:
    because you're not allowed diesel in NY or California,

Well, I don't know about New York, but you're allowed diesel cars in California. Seen quite a few diesel Merc's and VW's when I was over in LA on holidays.

Max_Damage wrote:
    Well, I don't know about New York, but you're allowed diesel cars in California. Seen quite a few diesel Merc's and VW's when I was over in LA on holidays.

Strange, I read that in an article about BMW engines, but maybe it's restricted rather than banned.

NiSmO wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Pot - Kettle
    :D

The Cayenne is the very definition of ugliness imo.

• Advertisement

eoin_s wrote:
    Strange, I read that in an article about BMW engines, but maybe it's restricted rather than banned.

Da rulez for diesel in California :)

Advertisement