Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murs

Options
  • 31-05-2006 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

So anyone else listen to him?Reminds me a lot of Masta Ace or Beanie Sigel from the point of view that his rhymes and style are simple but you can sense he loves rapping and he is so easy to listen to throughout an album.

Comes prolific too,Murrays Revenge is one of the best albums released this year,very consistent with no filler.D.S.W.G. is genius to me,and there are 3 or 4 more tracks just as clever and perfectly produced.3:16 is not quite as good but again it has the same traits-no filler,very consistent,brilliant 9th Wonder production,a style that everybody can appreciate and a rejection of materialism etc.

Well worth investing in his stuff,its the likes of him Madlib,Little Brother,Cunninlynguists,Papoose and 9th that are showing the future of Hip-Hop is a lot less bleak then many make out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

I like Murs alot, kinda like the average guys rapper. I prefere 3:16 to Murray's revenge actually. Maybe because it was fresher when that came out, 9th's put so much out since then. The end of the beginning is a pretty solid album too but my recommendation to start out on is Varsity blues, A nice little EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

3:16 stands up to more repeat listening than Murray's Revenge which I felt I was getting bored of pretty quickly.

His albums before the 9th Wonder collaboration are pretty good too, not as good imo but worth listening too.

Then there is the stuff he has done with Living Legends, which is some quality Hip-Hop.

And finally my favourite. Felt (Murs and Slug), these two albums are top notch and Felt 2 is one of my favourite albums of last year. Really good tracks, production by Ant is solid and Slug and Murs are on point throughout.

Makaveli wrote:
    3:16 stands up to more repeat listening than Murray's Revenge which I felt I was getting bored of pretty quickly.

His albums before the 9th Wonder collaboration are pretty good too, not as good imo but worth listening too.

Then there is the stuff he has done with Living Legends, which is some quality Hip-Hop.

And finally my favourite. Felt (Murs and Slug), these two albums are top notch and Felt 2 is one of my favourite albums of last year. Really good tracks, production by Ant is solid and Slug and Murs are on point throughout.

Ah yeah I forgot about the two Felt LP's, definitely essential listening as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Well I heard Murray's Revenge first,so that might have something to do with it.The highlights on Murrays Revenge(D.S.W.G.,Yesterday and Today,Love and Appreciate)are better then those on 3:16(Pain,Freak These Tales,And This Is For...)imo.And I prefer 9th's latest stuff on Murrays Revenge and The Minstrel Show.

Better check out Felt,as little as I like Slug's 'rapping'.

Orizio wrote:
    Better check out Felt,as little as I like Slug's 'rapping'.

Ha what? sluggo is a legend

• Advertisement

Legend?

Even if I did rate the guy I don't see how he could be a 'legend'.

Orizio wrote:
    Legend?

Even if I did rate the guy I don't see how he could be a 'legend'.

As in slang, "He is very good."

Better than Cormega.

That's right, I said it.

Better than who?

Murs is better or Slug?

Couldn't compare those two ta Mega...

Way too different

If you think Slug has a tighter delivery or a better beat selection then Cormega then I wouldn't be suprised really Makaveli.Your mad,and Slug will never make as good an album as The Realness,or True Meaning or The Testament.

Ant has been and continues to carry Slug,who puts me to sleep when he isn't shouting like a punk rocker.Time to sever the relationship and give those beats to the tighter and lyrically better Brother Ali. ;)

• Advertisement

Nah, I just said it to rattle your cage.

Slug can't stand up to 'mega when it comes to lyrics or delivery. That said though I'll throw on an Atmosphere album before a Cormega one. Lucy Ford and God Loves Ugly are solid albums and Slug isn't nearly as bad as you make him out to be.

It's what makes music great, differences of taste.

Advertisement