Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who will be watching season 3?

Options
  • 31-05-2006 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

personally i can't be bothered watching any more. i'm sick of watching entire episodes about how one of the characters stubbed their toe before they got to the island. i don't care about their past. 90% of the flashbacks are completely irrelavant to the story. i just want to find out what the hell is going on without all the pointless filler!!! anyone agree?

will you be watching seaons 3? 6 votes

no, they dragged it out too much and lost (no pun intended) my interest
    0% 0 votes
    yes, i like a story that doesn't go anywhere for three years
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

I'll definitely be watching.
    I don't understand all the complaints about flashback and not getting answers. It wouldn't be much of a mystery type show if they handed all the answers out in one go. There would be nothing to sustain the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I'll be watching it. It's a good series even though alot of the 2nd series didn't really go anywhere. They still have a lot to rap up and I think we'll find out alot in the next series. Looking back on the 2nd series we still got a lot of drama, the talies etc but it was marred by episodes like the chalrie trying to baptise Aaron episode etc. We need more substantial plot development.

I have faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

There's a very simple solution to not liking the show. Stop watching it. I really can't fathom why so many people come on the Lost board to bitch and moan about how they don't like it. The only reason I can think of is because they want to know whats actually going on, and can't deal with the fact that its a 5-year series.

Why not just ask someone in 3 years time what it was all about? Then at least the rest of us can get on with enjoying it without having to wade through moaning like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I don't think I'm gonna vote....neither of them apply to me. If the second choice was ''Yes, I like Lost's very interesting story that has been very exciting and enjoyable to watch for three years'' then I'd vote for that.

But it reads something different which I don't agree with.

But yes, I'll definitely watch Season 3...so therefore I supose I should vote for the second option because it's half right...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

without a doubt i will be watching!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'll definately be watching it. If you don't like it, OP, then stop watching it. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I'll be back for Season 3, without a doubt. Sure Season 2 had a few crap episodes but Lost is still head and shoulders above any tv drama except Prison Break. These 2 shows are the only ones I have to watch every episode of.
    I can't understand those people who come here to moan about it. Why waste your time? There's one or 2 gobsh1te posters in particular (not in this thread), who never have a good word to say about it. Stop watching it, stop posting here and do something you enjoy with your free time. I don't like Big Brother but if I made myself watch it and then posted whingeing drivel in the BB Forum, I'd probably be banned for trolling and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Of course I'll be watching it.

I think that this will be a landslide victory for yes,no make that im...sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yea, I'll watch it. It's not a bad show.

Although what I'm really looking forward to this October is season three of Battlestar Galactica... now there's a show that's not afraid to move things forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Ha 23 votes yes, 1 vote no :D Wonder who voted no :p

Really looking forward to next season. Looks like things will be shaken up a good bit with the introduction of Penny Widemore.

Also really looking forward to BSG season 3. Love these two shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

personally i can't be bothered watching any more. i'm sick of watching entire episodes about how one of the characters stubbed their toe before they got to the island. i don't care about their past. 90% of the flashbacks are completely irrelavant to the story. i just want to find out what the hell is going on without all the pointless filler!!! anyone agree?

Kinda true, however...

I like to take it as a collection of stories.
    One main story, and loads of backstories, which all intertwine in subtle, but not necessarily important ways.

Agree that they really should up the pace of the whole thing.

will still watch season 3 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MIGWAR-DWP

I think all you good folk have got it wrong...

I cant speak for everyone who posts but I can say that I absolutely love the show...

I moan about it because I love it, and feel that I have been let down by the drop in quality of season 2

Season 1 had so much promise and was all but forgotten about in season 2...

I think all i'm saying is that someone needs to pull their finger out for season three. I for one will definitely be watching...

And if its just people questioning the shows ideas that irritates you, welcome to a democracy, we are all free to express our views freely, we dont bitch at you for gushing about how fanastic you thought it was...

Thank you, and goodnight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

MIGWAR-DWP wrote:

And if its just people questioning the shows ideas that irritates you, welcome to a democracy, we are all free to express our views freely, we dont bitch at you for gushing about how fanastic you thought it was...

Relax.
    Theres a hell of alot of things that annoy me about lost. I (and i think others) were referring to the people who have never had any thing good to say and say every week they are never watching it again and then they're back next week bitching again.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Of course i'll be watching it... daft OP! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

MIGWAR-DWP wrote:

I don't think its that,its more people moaning and being childish. Look at his poll options,the yes vote has a description that still puts down the show,a bit childish,no? A simple yes or no might invite some debate. But from the start he set himself up for a lashing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Bacchus wrote:
    Ha 23 votes yes, 1 vote no :D Wonder who voted no :p

actually it wasn't me so:
    [cartman]
    ha ha ha ha ha ha /points :D
    [/cartman]

as some people have said, series one was fantastic. in fact i never saw it on tv, i didn't get into it until the series was over. i got the whole series in one go and watched it in three days, but now 24 episodes later i haven't found out anything relevant. i'm sure you can all see something in it you like but to me its like a version of prison break where they never break out of prison

if i knew there was one more series i might wait it out but i heard rumours they've signed up for 7 :eek:

on a side note, they just broke out of prison in prison break so are they going to change the name of the show now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Where's the "Yes Im in for the long haul, this is a 5-7 season show" option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I'll still watch it although I can't stand the flashbacks anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

I feel the show did let us down this season..
    They barely fleshed out the characters. The plot never really went anywhere, compared to last season anyway (alot of which they seem to have ignored)
    Then there were some truely woeful episodes. the charlie drug episode. the rose and bernard one.. the hurley and libby one...
    essentially for a top prime time show it had alot of *bad* episodes.
    That said it did have some moments of brilliance, but nothing compared to last season. I probably won't be tuning in on a per week basis, i might wait till the season is over and see what the general opinion is.
    It's got my "no" vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

has the initial mystery of Lost gone

the what the hell is this about? been lessened or removed by andrew smiths ultimate theory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭YeAh!

In fairness, if they gave everything away straight away they'd barely get a season out of it. I like the slow but eventual development of character through flashbacks! Progress has been very slow this season I agree, but I will still be there for the 3rd season watching eagerly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

YeAh! wrote:
    In fairness, if they gave everything away straight away they'd barely get a season out of it.

But everyone knew what X-files was about from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

on a side note, they just broke out of prison in prison break so are they going to change the name of the show now?
    Cheers for that, was just about to start watching prison break :rolleyes:.

For me i enjoyed the show on two levels: The mystery of the island and the events since the crash, and also the development of the characters through the flashbacks. Even when I didn't learn too much new, i still enjoyed the episode and felt it was a good way to spend an hour relaxing after work or study.

What is it exactly you want from lost? Episode 1: Introduction, Episode 2: Mystery, Episode 3: Revelation and wrap up?!?

Personally I enjoy a well developed character based drama, which I have got from lost. They may have overused the "and the father of the child is... find out next time on Lost" style suspense a little too much, but other than that, Lost has provided me with great entertainment.

Roll on season 3....

WTF man!:eek:
    Use some spoiler tags.Eejit.
    Some of us havn't seen all of the series yet!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. spoiler tags required indeed but just for the record, the show will now be called
    Prison Break: Manhunt

im...LOST: Not a big fan of your sig and little message alongside it either.. it's basically insinuating further people will die in the season to Irish viewers.. not blatant but not exactly subtle either!

Ok.
    I'l probably change it tomorrow so.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

failsafe wrote:
    Cheers for that, was just about to start watching prison break :rolleyes:.
    ye, sorry about that. i don't seem to be able to edit it now. but to be fair, the show is called prison break. if they didn't break out of prison i'd sue them for false advertising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Of course I will. And chances are, that those who are now slagging the show saying they won't watch it anymore, will actually watch it. Definitely the series finale anyways.

Advertisement