Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monto

Options
  • 31-05-2006 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭

Was at the Quays yesterday to check out a new trad act, Monto - launched as the new Dubliners. The band is based in Dublin and consits of four lads, Fergal, Connor, Shane and Gary - all very good musicians with loads of experience from home and abroad. Everyone plays a variety of instruments and sings as well.

The set list was a little uneven as they mixed old reliable songs with unheard material. My feelings are that if you're new, stick with what people like until you are big enough to start experimenting.

It's early days still to say if Monto is able to fill Dubliners shoes but it was a very good gig with lots of dancing, singing and drinking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SassySmile

Hi I was just wondering whether anyone knew anything else about this new band....I swear I recognise Garry...ddn't he used to be in another band. ANy help would be fab! Thanks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Any word on future gigs?

Jesjes wrote:
    Any word on future gigs?

Ohhh I would like to know the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fergal told me they were going away on tour for a while but as soon as they're back I'll put up a notice here. They're a great live band and I always enjoy seeing them.

Btw, they have a single out - McAlpine's Fusiliers and Take me up to Monto

I got a newletter from musiclee.ie saying that monto are doing a gig on the 2nd...gutted that can't get over to support them but hopefully some of yous will!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 florinha

I was in Galway this past summer and heard Monto. I LOVE THEM!! Does anyone know how I can get their CD? DO they have a website or myspace?

Thanks,
    Florinha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 montomusic

Hi there,
    monto are Launching their summer run in the Quays bar Galway on Thursday the 7th of June and continuing every Tuesday from then on. Another summer of madness is promised! Hope to see you all there.
    www.monto.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That gig is not on the gig list
    Anyway, I'll pop down and have a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Must check this band out sometime.

Advertisement