Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

things to do and see in dubrovnik

Options
  • 31-05-2006 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

heading over for a week in June.

all info welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Yes I'm going in August, help me too!! (esp if anyone knows if the heat is very humid or not...?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

There's not much in that thread about Dubrovnik except the city wall...(sorry to be cheeky to a mod!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

(a) Hire a car

(b) As well as Dubrovnik (2 nights enough) visit Cavtat, Mostar, Ston, Peljesac Peninsula, Makaraska Rivieria, Split, Korcula, Hvar, Brac, Trogir and Montenegro

(c) Book another week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Dubrovnik is amazing!
    I highly reccommend going on the bosnian canoe safari, neretva riverboat tour, the fish picnic, the island tours, visiting miljet and anything else you can find!

The only decent nightlife is in the Irish bar...when you enter the city gates, it is just down the main road on your right hand side down a little alley.
    Buses run until the wee hours so you will be fine getting home.

Vast majority of people speak english, but they really appreciate it when you use a few words of croatian, such as please and thank you.

Enjoy it to the max! I know I did

F

p.s it is veerrrrrrryyyy hot and humid so be prepared for everything to sweat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

theres a cool cafe/bar on the side of a cliff just outside the walls overlooking the islands. also the nightclub just outside the main entrance to the old town (the latino) is good on fridays, full of locals. all other days tho...sh*te! late cocktail bar near latino as well. other than that the irish bar and the gaffe beside it would be the best pubs for a bit a craic, the rest are quiet enough

Advertisement