Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joey and the dried fruit guy

Options
  • 31-05-2006 4:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

So I saw that guy who once replaced Joey in the the guys flat with his wierdness and his dried fruit and his scary laugh is playing a character in Joey where he's Joey nephew dad and his brother in law???

Is he playing the same character?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Don't watch the show, but flicking through the channels yesterday I noticed him too. I watched for a few mins - definitely not the same character. The guy in Friends was called Eddie. Can't remember the character name in Joey, but it definitely wasn't Eddie.

Weird casting choice though. If they wanted that actor it would have made more sense for it to be the same character.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, same guy. Adam Goldberg.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004965/

Eddie Menuek in Friends.
    Jimmy in Joey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

quickbeam wrote:
    Weird casting choice though. If they wanted that actor it would have made more sense for it to be the same character.

He couldn't play the same character coz Joey didn't know him in Friends (but i'm sure in TV land that could have been explained away with some bizzare plot!) Maybe they were going for a recognisable face from Friends and he was the only one available!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

he was in saving private ryan as far as I remember. His episodes in friends were up there with the best. Love crazy Eddie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

flutegirl wrote:
    He couldn't play the same character coz Joey didn't know him in Friends (but i'm sure in TV land that could have been explained away with some bizzare plot!) Maybe they were going for a recognisable face from Friends and he was the only one available!
    He did know him though, well kind of. When Joey moved back into the flat with Chandler, they moved Eddie's stuff out and pretended that he never lived there in the first place. Joey saw him for a brief moment.

There's your bizzare plot right there, but they choose to ignore it. Ah well, Joey is crap anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Joeys agent was also in Friends as a posh old schoolfriend of Rachel and Monica who they hated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Nightwish wrote:
    Joeys agent was also in Friends as a posh old schoolfriend of Rachel and Monica who they hated.

but wasn't she playing the same character though

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heh.. anyone see Adam Goldberg in 'My Name Is Earl' near the start of the season? Brillant!

Also excellent in 'Dazed And Confused'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Rememeber him as one of Russell Crowe's college buddies in A Beautiful Mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

He played a crazy homeless guy in er aswell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement