Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Radio Code

Options
  • 30-05-2006 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've got a car with the radio locked, needing the usual four digit code to unlock it. Unfortunately, the radio has been changed from the original, so the code supplied by Peugeot doesnt work.

How would one go about sourcing a code for a radio that you don't know the history of? I haven't had a proper look at the radio to see the make/model etc.

This may be a non runner seeing as I've very little details, but I thought I'd ask.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

if you are prepared to do a bit of looking you will get the code on the net for free,if you want it quick you will have to pay about €8 to an online company
    You will have to take out the radio,you need the serial number - model number and obviously the make of the radio
    what make is the car,is it an opel by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

6ix wrote:
    the code supplied by Peugeot doesnt work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

i must start paying more attention

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

MrSinn wrote:
    if you are prepared to do a bit of looking you will get the code on the net for free,if you want it quick you will have to pay about €8 to an online company
    You will have to take out the radio,you need the serial number - model number and obviously the make of the radio
    what make is the car,is it an opel by any chance?

I disabled the radio on the missus Astra - do you know of a site to do provide the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

I've run into a brick wall on this one. The radio is not the original, so the Peugeot dealers dont have the code. Although I have full details of this radio (serial number etc), they need the chassis number of the vehicle it came from in order to get me the code. I have no hope of getting that chassis number.

I tried a few sites which get you codes , but for my particular radio model, no-one seems able to help. Its a Phillips 22RC200.

Should I resign myself to buying a new radio, or would anyone recommend someone/someplace where I could get it sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

Cheers Mike, I've tried the forum, but the other site at £20 to have it unlocked is a bit pricey. I'd be better buying a stereo for it.

Thanks anyway.

Advertisement