Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best dr.dre album

Options
  • 30-05-2006 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

as regards music i feel 2001 is the best.as regards production the chronic.it is close, but i would have to say 2001

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭N05H3AD

2001 fo sho!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

N05H3AD wrote:
    2001 fo sho!!!!!!!

don't talk like your black if your not black...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

One Isnt Better Than The Other Both Great Albums

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

IMO The Chronic is better by far. Much better beats and thats just the start. OVer all the chronic stands out more for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

what about his album aftermath that was sooo brilliant :rolleyes:

nah has to the chronic legendry album loved 2001 tho aswell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 KING T

don't talk like your black if your not black...

maybe he just can't spell and also what defines talking "black" if a black man is is saying things like deadly or wicked is he trying to speak white??? also if you are not black then have a look at your location, "right behind you muh f ucka i'm guessing, no???

Sm0ke wrote:
    what about his album aftermath that was sooo brilliant :rolleyes:

nah has to the chronic legendry album loved 2001 tho aswell

The aftermath had some good tracks alright but most of them don't have dre rappin' in them, also that has some vey girly songs on it aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

It's gotta be the Chronic, 2001 is a top album, never tire of listening to it but not as good as the Chronic, Nuthing But a G Thing, should be enough said.

Was disappointed with Detox i was expecting another great album and got a remixed piece of ****e

that's coz it's a mixtape!

I know that now, just i wasn't expecting a mixtape.
    Would love to see what another album from dre would be like, don't forget there was a long break between Chronic and 2001. that gave him pleanty of time to write songs. Appently he wrote over 200 for 2001.

• Advertisement

ah, he's more or less given up rapping now, he's made enough money he's more or less just doing producing now, if anyone wants to argue with me for that statement i don't give a f uck, i'm fed up of all the bitchin' ruinin' this forum!! i think if you have a problem with something just PM the person instead of sparking off a row and ruining threads

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

wait a mintue

hold up

is the detox thats out now {****e mixtape for those who havnt heard it yet} is that it? is that the detox we have been waiting for, for like 5 years? i feel sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Niggaz4life production wise is my favourite Dre LP. Solo-wise though its the Chronic imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Detox,Dre's actual folow up to 2001,hasn't dropped yet.

I don't know what they are talking about.Sounds like trash anyway.

this is the detox i'm talking about, only listened to it a couple of times, just never liked it, i'm not really into remixes
    http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/904503/Detox_Millenium_Of_Aftermath/Product.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Currently there is a Dretox mixtape and a "Look out for Detox" mixtape going around. Neither are Detox, although it seems quite a few people have been mislead into getting them believing they are the real thing.

Heh, that one on play is yet another different one. Talk about milking it. By the time the official comes out people will be so pissed off with all these pretox and dretox and whatevertox they won't care about the real one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

id have to go for 2001 definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

to be honest i can only really take dre in small bursts, don't really enjoy listening to either album straight through. the chronic was better without a doubt. 2001 is overlong and just seems to drag on forever. Aftermath was pure trash. will end up getting his new album when it comes out, but won't be in any rush to get my hands on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

2001 is overlong alright. The 2nd half isn't nearly as strong as the first. The Chronic is a much more consistent album.

Still, always thought singles were Dre's strongpoint. His albums have so many guests on them they're really like some sort of label primer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 chris01

as regards music i feel 2001 is the best.as regards production the chronic.it is close, but i would have to say 2001

I have to agree with you there the chronic 2001 is dre's best work, i love that track still dre, forgot about dre, the next episode those are all classic. Dre is so good, do you know if hes bringin out any other album?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 youngshooter

label primer??????????

dre started ths gangster **** and this is the mother ****ing thanks he gets HELLO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

He didnt start the gangster ****

<Mod edit>No personal abuse<Mod edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

kanibus wrote:
    He didnt start the gangster ****

<Mod edit>No personal abuse<Mod edit>

he speaks the truth, could have put it a little more eloquently maybe though

Advertisement