Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiu Xiu

Options
  • 30-05-2006 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

www.xiuxiu.org

Anyone listen to them? Both Knife Play and Fabulous Muscles are excellent albums. They are doing a european tour at the moment, but no Irish date...unfortuantly

Also they have a new album on the way in Septemeber as far as i know :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

they are quite an intriguing band, the only album i have from them is "a promise"..its excellent..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Not a big fan of A Promise. Although, "Sad Pony Guerilla Girl" is outstanding and the cover of Fast Car is interesting :)

I highly recommend Knife Play, also emusic.com have most of their albums :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Xiu Xiu are a class band/sort-of-band. Fabulous Muscles is still my favourite because I'm boring and like melodies, but all the ones I have are great.

New one coming soon, exciting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I only know the CD they did with Larsen under the name XXL (album's called Ciastico!). I liked it but mainly for Larsen I think as the vocalist from Xiu Xiu really annoyed me at first. He's grown on me though. What is Xiu Xiu like on their own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dearheart

It's like some guy recorded his own nervous breakdown. Yoko Ono and Khonner mixed in with a bit of New Order. Good, but difficult listening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That's quite the description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bixmoo

anyone see the video for muppet face? one of my favourite videos.

Bixmoo wrote:
    anyone see the video for muppet face? one of my favourite videos.

For anyone who hasn't, here it is :) Very odd indeed ;)

btw There is an excellent video of a live performance of Clowne Towne on their website..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dearheart

John2 wrote:
    That's quite the description.

Yeah, you'll understand when you hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Try Fabulous Muscles, yeah

• Advertisement

New album is out, and on emusic

Downloading :p

It's been getting good reviews also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

I have Fabulous Muscles, think its a horrible album. I'v tried listening to it on different occasions but it just pisses me off. His voice is very off putting and I find the music itself is just noisy and annoying, a rather pretentious effort at sounding original.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

I love fabulous muscles, knife play and a promise, have the new album on order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

Got La foret,I like it.

Advertisement