Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions... *Potential IRL Spoilers*

Options
  • 30-05-2006 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi there,
    This is my first post in not only the Lost forum, but the whole of Boards.ie. However I have been following the threads for quite some time. A bit about myself: Im 17 and have been following the brilliant LOST since Day 1.
    I have seen up to The Whole Truth , but have a very good idea what happens for the rest of the season(via Lostpedia.com).Now to the topic. I have some "Questions" that I have not seen asked or explained anywhere else. Forgive me if they have, but I am frankly too lazy to trawl the vast amount of past topics. Anyhoo here goes...

* Why are the numbers inscribed (very discreetly) on the side of the SWAN?
    I first thought maybe a marker, i.e co-ords of the hatch. Desmond has since debunked this in the finale (Whole Fiji thang). Perhaps They are a form of protection to the occupants, bad luck for those outside?

* What's with the double entrance to the SWAN? Also why the mangled, broken ladder? The result of a past INCIDENT?

*Why is there such a well equiped armoury in the hatch? What is the threat? The hatch is obviously well sealed.

Also I would like your feedback on these two personal theories:
    #1.The Radio Tower mentioned by Rosseau is actually infact a Dharma station for the Mathematical Forecasting Initiative. Part of the station brodcasts these numbers and note the effects. Karma/Luck experiment...erhaps they have bad "karma" etc. DI seems to be closely tied to buddhism/shao feng etc....

#2. The numbers are meaningless. But they are part of an experiment. Are broadcasted to scout potential experimental candidates. Toomey was one.Perhaps his was prone to paranoia, delusions etc.Dharma were aware he interceped the transmission. D.I. is all about social experments/psychology.His behaviour was monitored and studied. Dharma were responsible for the majority of the bad luck i.e. to intesify the experiment. "Deaths" were staged etc. Same with Hurley. Dharma noted his winning of the lotto and scouted him. When they realised his full potential they bought him to the island for extreme testing. The other survivors were possibly part of other experiments.Thats right the crash was orchastrated. Perhaps by Kelvin, luring Desmond outside.

Anyway Dharma are very possibly responsible for the numbers. Toomey picked them up in '88. Would fit in the initial timeframe of their activity on the island, judging by the Orientation film date.

Any feedback ie. own theories would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mike89

Just browsin' through past writer/creator interviews etc. and came across Grillo warning us that the numbers could indeed be meaningless. They could, after all, have started as some knid of in-joke.Could he have seen the obsession we had with them and try to soften the on-coming blow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mike89

*Also why did the smoke seemingly give up pulling Locke underground when Jack came to his aid? Surely an entity capable of uprooting trees would be able to surpass the strength of an ordinary man. Did it see Jack as an unwanted complication or did not see him "worthy"(good person ....) of abduction etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

kate threw a stick of dynamite at it.

Advertisement