Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customised VOIP

Options
  • 30-05-2006 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello!

This may sound strange but I'm looking for a way of using VOIP to connect two handsets to the same destination. Handsets would be "Batphones" i.e. they only ever connect to the same destination. The network is private and the destination only needs to be able to answer calls from the batphones although I'm hoping to use a microcontroller to route the audio lines with a bit of intelligance after that.

Does anyone knows of someone / company doing this kind of stuff in Ireland or products that sounds like they'd do the trick?

Any pointers would be great!

Thanks. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

From your post it's hard to see what you're trying to do really. Depending on how you have your networking setup then ATA's and IP phones can dial one another directly by dialling the IP address of the other device. Firewalls can provide any other required black magic in between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bertie-ba

Alright bhickey,

I suppose I'm looking for a phone that has very few or no buttons that will auto-dial the ip-address of a single destination device when the handset is lifted.

For the destination i'd like a gateway-type device that would allow me flexibility in how calls are answered. Maybe some kind of a VOIP modem? :)

Advertisement