Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping program permissions from the cmd line

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

nice,it should be made default for all client applications accessing the internet!
    I wonder is there anyway around it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

nice,it should be made default for all client applications accessing the internet!

Or what might be a better idea would be for new accounts to be non-administrative by default in the first place...

Hopefully they'll get that part fixed in Vista.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

couldn't you just use RUNAS to start a CMD prompt with GUEST access ?

:Give guest a random password and then use it (if the real world you'd disable/rename)
    set p=%random%
    net user GUEST %p%
    RUNAS /user:GUEST %p% cmd

or
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/runas.mspx?mfr=true
    it's also got a /trustlevel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

I have Guest disabled by group policy (work):-)

And for home use i have firefox and linux so im not too worrried :D

Iv seen the vista betas it wont protect users from themselves but not much will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

yes, i mean have the actual code incorporated into an internet application, by default.

• Advertisement
Advertisement