Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

junction numbering on N11

Options
  • 30-05-2006 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,817 ✭✭✭✭

I notice the NewtownMtKennedy junction has become Junction 12
    no sign of numbers on any of the other junctions though - hard to see where the other 11 are (assuming the numbering starts at the M50)

on the newly opened, but only partially connected (Southbound only) Greystones access route, Dublin-bound traffic is instructed to "Proceed to Exit 12"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is it exit 12 on the new Greystones road perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

I maybe i am wrong here but i thought i read something that all interurban routes would start their numbering from the M50 - ie dublin port would be the central point of all irish roads. Would that not make that junction twenty something under this plan? Maybe this never materialised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

This appears to be a common thread, but now we're seeing it on the N11. We've had this on the N7, M50, M1 and N4. None of the junction numbers seem to make any sence at all.

Surely theres someone from the NRA who looks at this site (or knows someone) and can fill us in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,817 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

nordydan wrote:
    I maybe i am wrong here but i thought i read something that all interurban routes would start their numbering from the M50 - ie dublin port would be the central point of all irish roads. Would that not make that junction twenty something under this plan? Maybe this never materialised.

interesting idea, but clearly not something they are implementing at the moment.

as for the N11 - could be something like this:

1 - M50
    2 - Bray\Shankill
    3 - Bray\Fassaroe
    4 - Enniskerry (Northbound only)
    5 - Bray Herbert Rd (Southbound only)
    6 - Bray South\Greystones\Kilcroney
    7 - Kilmacanogue
    8 - Glenview Hotel
    9 - Delgany
    10 - Greystones Southern Access Route (southbound only until 2008)
    11 - Kilpedder
    12 - Newtown

This leaves out several local access roads & the second Delgany turnoff (which should probably be made on-only or closed). Its a lot of junctions in a short stretch of road.

Advertisement