Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

detox or dretox??

Options
  • 29-05-2006 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

does anybody listen to these albums??if you do which one do you prefer??detox has got alot of quality tracks on it("life as an outlaw","**** hits da fan".but i bought dretox a couple of weeks back and i am now addicted!!i think i prefer dretox more though, nearly every song is good.what is your opinion??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭N05H3AD

detox has more tracks and DJ Rukiz' mixing is unreal, the Bomb Squad DJs just do their bit at the start of the song, the songs on dretox are really good though as well. I would prefer Detox but it would be very close, if you listen to the intro alone on Detox it will have you wantin' to hear the album, however, Dretox's intro is just Dr.Dre fitting the word f uck as many times as he can into a sentence, that's just comparin the intros though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭aftermathcrew

that is a good comparison though.i wouldn't agree with the "bomb squad djs doing their bit at the start of every song".i think those guys mix just as well as rukiz(the ugly ****).detox might have more songs, but it also has more of those ****ty 20sec 'songs" such as "chronic break","deez nutz intro" and "from da bottom"

you just listed the three most interesting and well composed tracks :D:):D

ya....sure....whatever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

I consider myself a Dr. Dre fan, well the only album i'll listen to now is the Chronic but anyway. For ages I heard about this Detox album...its gonna be this it's gonna be that. So here I was waiting for this Detox album. And I randomly see something in the shops called Detox: the millenium of aftermath or something. Found out this was an album that some DJ released and upon looking at the tracks and seeing that they we're all either remixes of old songs feat. The Game(obviously because of his MAJOR success in the mainstream) and "Lost tracks" by Dre and snoop, I didn't bother even listening to it. So anyway the last two or so years I starting really broadening my taste in Rap and pretty much forgeting about most mainstream stuff, and forget about Dre(Pardon the Pun). Then I hear about something called Dretox, never heard about this, is this actually Dre's Album that was originally to be called detox or what. Can some one fill me in.

• Advertisement

no no.dretox is a mixtape.it is alot like detox, except most of the songs on detox are remixes(as you said).most of the songs on dretox are probably lost tracks.the game,snoop,sixx-two and ll cool j feature on the album.detox is well worth a listen though.there are very few remixes on dretox.they are two different albums

yo trip (can i call you trip??) u should listen to Detox, it's a lethal album, it's really catchy!!! dretox aswell they are nearly the same

producer wise they are.but not in any other way

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

N05H3AD wrote:
    yo trip (can i call you trip??)

Yeah Sure,

to be honest I'm not too bothered listening to either. I have alot of hip hip albums at the monent that I "have to listen to" Mostly older stuff and Detox isn't really up high on the list. Sorry.

Advertisement