Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep Problem

Options
  • 29-05-2006 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I usually post in here on occasions to give advice but this time I need help. If this is in the wrong place please move.

For the past couple of weeks I have been waking up in the mornings with vague recollections of having a particularly violent night, up and down on my knees in bed rolling around thrashing ect. This morning I woke up with same recollections plus pains in my neck and arms, and room looked like it had been ransacked :eek: Obviously I have a sleeping disorder.

Nothing too traumatic has happened to me in the last while but someone I really cared about at one point recently got back in touch again and its been on my mind, plus a few work issues.

Anyone know of any clinics/doctors or the like I can contact? Would my normal GP be enough?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tizzy

Hi there

I reckon you should see your GP & explain to him/her what is happening to you..

they will recommend the correct action for you

Good Luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I would definitely recommend the GP. I know of someone who hurt themselves doing the exact same thing!! Ended up nearly loosing an arm!

Get to the root of it. It might require some counselling, acupunture .. whatever works .. but source the problem now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Anyone else reminded of The Exorcist?!

Seriously OP, that's very much not normal and you should go see your GP about it. You could cause yourself serious injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

Dont think theres any need to contact your GP - is it upsetting you that much?

Ive a sleeping disorder also in sleep paralysis - I have a pretty bad case and have had it since I think I was 17/18...it can still be terrifying but you can learn to control it yourself and be reasonably comfortable with it...

Although if you are doing physical damage to yourself maybe you should take the advice posted above---thats my bit;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Hi everyone, thanks a million for the help. I am going to see my GP on Thursday and hope I can get things sorted, I am a bit afraid to go asleep LOL

Anyway, thanks again

Goon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

dunno if this will help any but i know someone who had a prob like this. Sleeping with dreams of fights etc wakin up with sore hands and holy walls ;) anyway we rigged up a webcam to record her sleepin and she watched 5 mins of the footage before demandin it be turned off and deleted. It was some weird stuff but cos of the stuff she was mumblin in her sleep it helped her and a counsellor sort out issues she didnt even know she had.

Like i said dunno if this will help but thought i would tell ye bout it best of luck man

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Faith wrote:
    Anyone else reminded of The Exorcist?!
    No.

OP, I suggest you have a chat with your GP, he'll be able to recommend a course of action that might suit you.

Could I suggest one thing? Try sleeping somewhere different (different room, with friends, family). I had similar problems, and moving house made a profound difference. I still wake up occassionally witha very sore big toe though. :eek:

Also, with the long days, is your room sufficiently dark to stay properly asleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Hi Victor, I go to bed at 10-10.30 every night I get up at 6.00 for work, I noticed that when I first get into bed I see a lot of blue from the dusk outside. It takes me a long while to get to sleep.

As I said in my original post, I had a bit of an emotional upheaval recently and that could be the cause.

I borrowed my nieces old stair gate for tonight just incase because I was found up kneeling in the sitting room this morning!

Advertisement