Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bit of a gut

Options
  • 29-05-2006 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

iv a bit of a gut

iv a bit of a sweet tooth but iv given up now

but would swimming help get rid of my pot stomach and my bum is a bit big too
    iv let my self go

what can i do to get back to my skinney me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Swimming would be great for it.

You'd want to sort out your diet (which you say you have already) as well, thats the only way to see proper and lasting results.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Regular exercise and a good diet. Post on the fitness forums with your diet/routine and someone will give you much more detailed advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Excercise will not do it. You cant spot reduce fat. It has to be done with Excercise and the right diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

advice wtd wrote:
    iv a bit of a gut

iv a bit of a sweet tooth but iv given up now

but would swimming help get rid of my pot stomach and my bum is a bit big too
    iv let my self go

what can i do to get back to my skinney me

A thread exactly like this has been posted on the Fitness forum. Have a look at it. You might find some helpful answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cut down on the sugar and start eating healthy. You will go mad for the first few days off the sugar, might get some headaches. Substitute sweeties with some fruit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 hill

Excercise will do it. You spot reduce fat. It has to be done with Excercise and the right diet.

You DO NOT spot reduce fat.

In order to lose body fat from one area it must be lost from all.
    However it is possible to change the appearance of a part of the body by losing or gaining muscle.

Ask over in the fitness forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

used to be a competative swimer myself and its a great way to get into shape. sounds like your on the right track by modifying your diet so in time you should be ok, just remember this could take months! theres no quick fix (beyond surgical:D ) but it'll be worth it in the end for the health benefits alone (particularly the heart) and you'll find you'll feel alot better as well.
    just remember it comes down to the old energy in versus energy out equation. so as long as its balanced you'll do ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

hill wrote:
    You DO NOT spot reduce fat.

In order to lose body fat from one area it must be lost from all.
    However it is possible to change the appearance of a part of the body by losing or gaining muscle.

Ask over in the fitness forum.

My head must of been up my arse when i posted that. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Excercise will not do it. You cant spot reduce fat. It has to be done with Excercise and the right diet.

That's what he posted.

The other chap misquoted him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

That's what he posted.

The other chap misquoted him

That or he editted it after making a mistake the first time...

ps: yeah... i also need to reduce gut. Though my bum is just fine. Too much popcorn & nachos is my problem... And being unable to force myself to exercise regularly. Intend to fix all that this summer though *slips on his running pants*.

• Advertisement
Advertisement