Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body hair

Options
  • 29-05-2006 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Our little girl (2.5 yrs) has significant body hair along her spine and lower back. I'm worried that it won't go away and she'll be slagged off in school, etc?

Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

wait and see. Plenty of time before school starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ask your GP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭hepcat

Well I doubt it would be even noticed in national school. Really, the worst thing you could do is draw any attention to what you have perceived as a flaw in her! Put this in perspective - even if your worst scenario happens it is unlikely to traumatise her unless you reinforce any ideas that she is less than perfect the way she is. Keep an eye on her and if she does complain, then judge if is worth doing something. But surely that it for when she is a teenager? And if she doesn't care about a little extra hair along her spine (and she mightn't if you reassure her that it is nothign much to be concerned about) then neither should you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ask a GP if anything it will settle your mind a bit and if there is a problem (though i doubt it) it will give you time to consider options.

When i was in primery school there was a boy a few years below me and he got an awful time with bullies due to a clump of long hair at the base of his back -he was taunted with stuff like "dog boy" and "wag".

Kids can be cruel so for your childs sake "forewarned is forearmed"

6th

Advertisement