Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPT qualifier red cow

Options
  • 29-05-2006 1:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

anyone heading into this 2nite?...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Iceman78

Think I will be giving this a go tonight as 3 tickets guaranteed for the big game next weekend in citywest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

what time is reg at latest?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

a-k-47 wrote:
    what time is reg at latest?

Thi sis a re-buy event with entries allowed for first 4 levels

sick to not get a ticket 2nite, went into FT CL 232k.

About 20 hands have past, and ive lost one or two pots that i have raised pre flop. i go card dead for awhile and blinded down to 120k. I pick up K,K and take the blinds.. 2 hands later i pick up kk again in LP..Utg all in (100k) utg +1 all in has me well covered... of course i call.

utg a6o utg+1 1010, 10 on the turn and im out in 6th.... there were 4 tickets a 600euro bubble and 350 for 6th. enjoyable and well run event, just a shame i had to go out like that. Are there anymore live qualifiers before friday?

a-k-47 wrote:

About 20 hands have past, and ive lost one or two pots that i have raised pre flop. i go card dead for awhile and blinded down to 120k. I pick up K,K and take the blinds.. 2 hands later i pick up kk again in LP..Utg all in (100k) utg +1 all in has me well covered... of course i call.

utg a6o utg+1 1010, 10 on the turn and im out in 6th.... there were 4 tickets a 600euro bubble and 350 for 6th. enjoyable and well run event, just a shame i had to go out like that. Are there anymore live qualifiers before friday?

Sporting tonight I think (I will confirm later if they are still running)
    Thursday night in the City West there will be €300 single table tournaments with winner awarded a 3k ticket. Also on Friday from noon satellites in City West also.

UL A-k that was a massive field I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Iceman78

Will the STT's in citywest on thursday night be the usual 10 minute blinds that turn into a crapshoot after about 4 levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

a-k-47 wrote:

UL a-k - what table were you sitting at by the way? I was at table Skibbereen and have a feeling a couple of boardies were around...

Iceman78 wrote:
    Will the STT's in citywest on thursday night be the usual 10 minute blinds that turn into a crapshoot after about 4 levels?

15 min blinds with 4k starting stack see previous post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

I didnt write this last night as I wanted to calm down before posting.

I was given a seat at a table and five minutes later the fourth last table broke and a player came over with a card with the seat number that I was sitting in.

I was asked to move. I refused as it would mean being closer to the blinds and also I shouldn't have to as the mistake was on the part of the staff, not mine. I also simply didn't like the attitude of the dealer.

When I refused the young Australian dealer told me I would be 'disqualified from the tournament if I didn't give up my seat'. I asked him if he was out of his fcuking mind.

I moved seat because I didnt want Donal to get involved. But looking back on it I should have created a ****storm in a teacup over it. If I had have spent hundreds to play in a tourney and a dealer warned me that I was going to be thrown out of a tourney I would go through the roof.

Anyway the damage was done. So before the big games this week Fintan, I recommend that you sit all your dealers down and tell them that if there's a situation at a table that they call over the tournament director instead of making decisions for themselves.

On another point, speak to whatever hotel your holding these expensive tourneys and tell them that if they are paid to put on food and coffee then there should be food and coffee available.

I was at the end of the line at the break and found that all the sandwiches and sausages were gone. How much does a fcuking cockail sausage cost. Why not bring out a few hundred more?

Having said all that the two sisters who deal are delightful and the waitress went out of her way to get me a coffee. But tell your knowitall young male dealers that instead of being smartarses they ought to simply try being professional.

I was given a seat at a table and five minutes later the fourth last table broke and a player came over with a card with the seat number that I was sitting in.

I was asked to move. I refused as it would mean being closer to the blinds and also I shouldn't have to as the mistake was on the part of the staff, not mine. I also simply didn't like the attitude of the dealer.

When I refused the young Australian dealer told me I would be 'disqualified from the tournament if I didn't give up my seat'. I asked him if he was out of his fcuking mind.

I moved seat because I didnt want Donal to get involved. But looking back on it I should have created a ****storm in a teacup over it. If I had have spent hundreds to play in a tourney and a dealer warned me that I was going to be thrown out of a tourney I would go through the roof.

Anyway the damage was done. So before the big games this week Fintan, I recommend that you sit all your dealers down and tell them that if there's a situation at a table that they call over the tournament director instead of making decisions for themselves.

On another point, speak to whatever hotel your holding these expensive tourneys and tell them that if they are paid to put on food and coffee then there should be food and coffee available.

I was at the end of the line at the break and found that all the sandwiches and sausages were gone. How much does a fcuking cockail sausage cost. Why not bring out a few hundred more?

Having said all that the two sisters who deal are delightful and the waitress went out of her way to get me a coffee. But tell your knowitall young male dealers that instead of being smartarses they ought to simply try being professional.

Hi Des,
    Thanks for your imput.
    I spoke to Peter(dealer in question) he has no problem giving a apology with regards to his attitude. He claims he said "you'd be disqualified" half in jest, and he certainly did'nt intend to be rude.
    I also spoke to Donal about this, The ticket you got was for seat 4 and you were seated in seat 5. The ruling is you must move to make way for the player with the seat 5 ticket. However Donal also offers a apology for the fact the dealer did'nt ensure you were seated correctly, but apart from his manner or tone the dealer was correct in insisting you move.
    With regards to the food the numbers were up last night and we did'nt increase the order for food in time. Again this was a oversight on pokerevents behalf.
    I hope this does'nt put you off attending our events in the future.

Fintan.

• Advertisement

Yeah, no need for any apologies Fintan, no problem.

Donal's a pro and I respect his decisions. I get over sensitive concentrating for so long. And I've been playing too much recently anyway.
    But later in the week when there's a lot more money at stake the dealers should do themselves a favour and simply let the tourney directors make the decisions about disqualifying players. I don't recommend half joking with devilfish or a few of the others who are supposed to be playing.

A storm in a teacup but best to get these issues out of the way before the big guns turn up.

I was talking to a UK player in the Fitz after a big festival out in City west about a year ago. It was the PP Open organised by the Merrion. He ordered a cup of coffee. The waitress asked for the money. He was in a cash game so gave her a fiver chip. She told him she couldn't take chips but he had no change. So she took the coffee back! He got steamed and it cost him hundreds!

These are just tiny incidentals that can be ironed out easily enough.

looking forward to the next few days, here's hoping Boyle Sports are as good a sport as Paddy Power have tried to be at these things.

cheers Fintan, d.

i was at skibereen table at the start, i had a black jamaica top on:D seat 6 i think ... sick i didnt get a ticket. whats the craic with 2nite SE event?.how many tickets, buy in?...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

That was me beside you scratching the felt and not making up the SB when you and the button all hit and it turned that my 27 woulda been a better 2 pair than your 24 :eek: - I went out 2 hands later AK was beaten all ends up by q9

Anyway who won the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭reilly110

you played well ak very unlucky with kk being done by 1010

sick i didnt get ticket aswell --went out in bubble bubble -5th
    enjoyed a good short stack battle with tom hanlon
    he got the better of me though

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

It happened in the city west e250 they ran

there was TWO kilkenny tables, 9 people sat on a table and 9 people standing around it trying to get a seat!!!!

funny stuff.

yeah, everyone makes mistakes.
    my getting steamed was because of the attitude of the dealer, especially on an empty stomach.
    i'm not too difficult to please, honestly. I just want to be treated as a living God, a false idol, if you will.

also, can I have a trumpet fanfare whenever I enter a room? is that too much to ask?

a-k-47 wrote:
    i was at skibereen table at the start, i had a black jamaica top on:D seat 6 i think ... sick i didnt get a ticket. whats the craic with 2nite SE event?.how many tickets, buy in?...

S.E @ 9 a €50 with re-buys is all the info I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Hi Pokerevents,

sorry for hijacking this thread, but for those of us who didnt manage to get a ticket for the big one....will there be satellites for each the smaller buy in events in citywest?.......me with my limited bankroll being interested in the 300 one.

cheers

jobless wrote:
    Hi Pokerevents,

sorry for hijacking this thread, but for those of us who didnt manage to get a ticket for the big one....will there be satellites for each the smaller buy in events in citywest?.......me with my limited bankroll being interested in the 300 one.

cheers

Satellites from noon every day

you played well ak very unlucky with kk being done by 1010

sick i didnt get ticket aswell --went out in bubble bubble -5th
    enjoyed a good short stack battle with tom hanlon
    he got the better of me though

yea that was my only bad beat of the night to, great timing , will take sometime to forget bout that one :rolleyes: ... which seat were you in? unlucky on the bubble btw

any idea of runners , tickets for 2nite in the SE @ pokerevents. thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement