Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranoid

Options
  • 29-05-2006 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like a fella's perspective on this please. I am a good looking girl, not fantastic but grand like. The thing I most hate about my body though are my feet. I take a size 9 for god's sake. It's relatively easy enough to get shoes in my size now so that's not the problem, I was just wondering do fellas find this really unattractive. They're also not the best looking feet I used to wear shoes that were a bit too small so that hasn't done me any favours through the years. I am just so paranoid about it and it gets me really down, because all of my friends are size 5 or 6 at the most. I am nearly 6ft so it's not that noticeable it's just I won't even wear flip-flops or open toe shoes because of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Bogey

As you know, most men are pretty deep thinkers when it comes to a woman's body. Every detail counts.:rolleyes:

But I'd say that feet are pretty low on the list of most guys' priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I wouldn't say it's even a consideration for the vast majority of blokes. I know I'd never let something as petty as shoe-size prevent me from being interested in someone, and I'm sure that 99% of lads would be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

TBH I wouldn't even notice the size of a girls feet. And even if they were large it wouldn't bother me.. I think it would be a fairly shallow thing for a guy to pick and choose over. You say you're an attractive girl, then go with it, Nobody is perfect, nor does anybody think every part of them is perfect, but i think this one is all in your head. Try to relax and not draw attention to them, I guarantee you'll find nobody else will pass comment on it... bar to tell you that your shoes are nice or the like. I'd like to think there's a lot of guys out here that aren't as fickle as some girls would make us out to be.

Just some perspective, there's a girl I know who's 5'5 and is about 18 stone, a big girl you'll agree, but she's going out with a fairly good lookin fella, so don't believe that this will hold you back

answer, could you tell us if they look like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Cheers Guys, that actually did really help!!

• Advertisement

They're not quite that bad, thank God!! I'd chop 'em off although Elijah made it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

OP,

I'm a girl, and I've bigger feet than you. My feet are a size 10 and, like you, I'm paranoid about them. Really hate my feet, but I've been with my boyfriend for four years and we have a baby together, and he never even noticed my feet were a little on the large side. I remember an occasion when we were shopping. I saw a pair of shoes in a shop window that I liked, and I said "Bah, I wish I could wear shoes like that". He asked why, I told him my shoe size and he didn't actually believe me.

You are tall, like me. I'm 5 ft 11, so my feet are somewhat in proportion to my height, but even then, they feel large to me and I am concsious of them. I do wear flip flops though, merely for practicalities sakes. Shoes all year round especially in the summer are really awful for your feet. You say your feet aren't that attractive, but wearing shoes all year round will only add to that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Nah I wouldn't really be worrying about it if I were you. Your body is just in proportion, it's prefectly normal for taller girls (closer to 6ft), to have feet larger than 5 or 6. I'm willing to guess here that you're taller than your friends that have size 5 or 6 feet.

Everyone has some part of their body that they'd like to change. And one of the last things i'd look for in a girl would be her feet. Hey sure my girlfriend's 5'10 and has size 8 feet, it didn't turn me off. If someone is turned off by your feet then I'd say they have issues and you'd be better off without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Well everyone is differant but I would say for 99% of guys they wouldn't care. I don't even look at the feet, it's not a consideration for me so I really wouldn't worry about it, you shouldn't let it get you down!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Bogey wrote:
    answer, could you tell us if they look like this?

Bogey
    post anymore crap on this forum and I'll ban you.
    read the forum charter
    B

• Advertisement

I just want to thank everyone for the helpful advice, I've been so paranoid about it for so long but ye have really helped me. I'll try to forget it and might get the flip flops out of storage (have only ever worn them on holiday where nobody knew me).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭hepcat

No female is ever 100% happy with their body! You are tall - I would love to be tall! Big feet are NOT a big deal though! Just because you focus on them, makes it seem so. (If you're al tall girl, you'd look ridiculous with small size 5 feet, you know...) And please do wear open toes shoes and sandals, and walk barefoot as much as possible - good for your feet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

Dont think it matters really, and sure if your tall then it would be in proportion.

If your Size 5 shoe and 6ft that would be worse! :D

Beruthiel wrote:
    Bogey
    post anymore crap on this forum and I'll ban you.
    read the forum charter
    B

Crap?

I couldn't find the "feet picture clause."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Haven't studies shown that feet/shoes are the last thing you notice about somebody else's appearance when you first meet them? I could be wrong about that but I seem to remember something along those lines...

Anyway, it wouldn't bother me even if I did notice, which in itself would probably be extremely unlikely.

Don't worry about somethin' so trivial darlin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Haven't you ever seen The Shawshank Redemption? Nobody notices the feet!

Btw Uma Thurman - large feet, gorgeous.

I try to console myself with the fact that Paris Hilton is an 8 & a half, Victoria Silvstedt is a Size 9 and I think Geena Davis is a 10 or something. I know it's not that uncommon, but I swear if there was a surgery to make them smaller I would sacrifice my Boob Job fund and do it. (That's a whole other story).

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You're comparing yourself to your friends who are obviously smaller in height than you! I've size 8 feet but am around 5'10" so I've never thought there was anything wrong with my feet.

It is harder to find nice shoes in my size but shops are getting better. Went to Schuh one day a few years looking for runners and the girl ended up showing me guys runners!! Ended up having an arguement with her that it was the guys section (ya know how one side is girls shoes/runners other is guys), no pretty pink runners for me that day!

In Kill Bill, the whole scene at the start where Uma Thurman is trying to get out of the car with her feet(there's loads of shots with her barefeet) was put in by Tarentino to prove to Thurman that she has lovely feet, as she doesn't like her size 9 feet!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

Larianne wrote:
    In Kill Bill, the whole scene at the start where Uma Thurman is trying to get out of the car with her feet(there's loads of shots with her barefeet) was put in by Tarentino to prove to Thurman that she has lovely feet, as she doesn't like her size 9 feet!!!:)

Tarentino is apparently a foot festishist!

Although when your as perfect as Uma Thurman, who could blame him! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

SebtheBum wrote:
    Haven't studies shown that feet/shoes are the last thing you notice about somebody else's appearance when you first meet them? I could be wrong about that but I seem to remember something along those lines...
    That got me thinking. In 30 year *cough plus a bit cough* I have had my fair number of female aquaintences and I can honestly say, that though I remember them all, I cannot for the life of me remember any of their feet. How strange. The only feet that cause me problems are the wife's when I feel them on my rear having left the kitchen in a mess. I am going to go right out now into the hall and check her shoe size.

OP, feet are not a problem, a good nail file and red nail polish will always see you through. Get them flip-flops out of hiding, summer is on the way;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Ask some men you know what size shoe they think you are? I bet the majority of them would get it right so unless you wear clown shoes no one is going to notice.

If someone is shallow enough to be concerned with your feet size just think How he'd analysis everything else you'd do. Never mind them freaks and I hate to say it to you ladies but your going to make more comments on women clothes than man will ever do.

Advertisement