Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get midrange laptop...

Options
  • 29-05-2006 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a midrange laptop. It will mainly be used for wireless browsing at home, but also for heavy gaming....however I do not mind playing my games on low settings - all I will be playing will be Battlefield 2.

The Dell laptops for 699-799 with 1.7 Pentium M processors are grand for the job, as is 512mb of ram...but the integrated 915/900 gfx won't run BF2 at all. As I said, I don't mind playing the game on all low settings, because I normally use my desktop but I have to share it with my sister so there are times I can't use it....a GFX option like a crappy x300 or 128mb 9600 mobility would be grand, but it seems DELL only offer either seriously good gfx solutions or seriously crap gfx solutions...there seems to be no middle ground anymore. They used to have x300 cards in some of the laptops which would be perfect for running new games on low, but just not anymore....

So, can anyone tell me where I could get a mid-rage laptop, with a very low end gpu that would still work on bf2? Like an x300, x600, etc....

thanks

Advertisement