Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox softmod + big drive

• 29-05-2006 7:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I've got a softmodded xbox (ver 1.3 I think), is it possible for me to put a large drive in this, and format it so I can use all of it? Without going down the modchip route or soldering. Any tips on how to go about doing this? From reading it looks like I need a bios with LBA48 enabled...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

kiptinui wrote:
    I've got a softmodded xbox (ver 1.3 I think), is it possible for me to put a large drive in this, and format it so I can use all of it? Without going down the modchip route or soldering. Any tips on how to go about doing this? From reading it looks like I need a bios with LBA48 enabled...

Theres a programme you can get (sorry cant remember name, but check www.xbox-scene.com forums) that if you connect a second hdd, to the ide which is usually connected to dvd drive, you can clone entire hard disk onto the new one, then just replace them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kiptinui

Yeah, I've already installed the drive in the xbox using xboxhdm. My problem is that my F: drive has been allocated 137gb and my G: drive nothing. So, at the moment I'm only using around 145gb of my 250gb drive. I want to use the rest of the space too. I've tried reformatting the F: drive from Evolution X, and also the G: drive (which still shows as having no space after formatting).

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mayto

make sure g drive is enabled first in settings.if it is,try xbpartitioner .you will have to transfer all your files on it now as they will be wiped.just toggle through partition sizes and you can allocate g the rest of the hdd.works fine for me.you will need to rename application to default.xbe for xbox to find it.install in e/apps .

mayto wrote:
    make sure g drive is enabled first in settings.if it is,try xbpartitioner .you will have to transfer all your files on it now as they will be wiped.just toggle through partition sizes and you can allocate g the rest of the hdd.works fine for me.you will need to rename application to default.xbe for xbox to find it.install in e/apps .

Great, I'll attempt this xbpartitioner jazz when I get home this evening. Thanks for your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrmrbungle

just get the new evox and unleash x from the usual places and enable g drive with evox, then go into unleash x and use the password Xbox (make sure first letter is CAPS) to get in to the format menu and format the g drive. this should work.

• Advertisement

mrmrbungle wrote:
    just get the new evox and unleash x from the usual places and enable g drive with evox, then go into unleash x and use the password Xbox (make sure first letter is CAPS) to get in to the format menu and format the g drive. this should work.

Thanks for the advice all, but XBPartitioner did the trick. I didn't realise it formatted only the extended partitions ( G: and F: ), not the standard ones. So I ran this, reformatted my F: and now I have 230gb on that. Cheers!

Advertisement