Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface PAYG - incoming 076 calls?

Options
  • 28-05-2006 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

I thought only subscriptions gave the option of incoming calls but looking at the Blueface website is says their PAYG offering includes an 076 number. However there is a note at the bottom of the page saying there's no 076 number :confused:

Which is correct?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

They do offer 076 numbers for PAYG, I recently requested mine and its working fine.
    It used to be the case that they offering no incoming options for PAYG (other then calling a 01 number and calling the ext #)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Sooper dooper! That'll make a handy backup to my mobile, which I leave in silent mode too often, thus missing important calls (actually it's usually the mammy thinking I'm dead because I didn't answer the mobile by the second ring. :o )

Does NI count as Ireland or UK? If I read their charges correctly, calls to UK landlines are cheaper than calls to Irish ones (by a tenth of a cent/min!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lzbones

why don't you take a look at freespeech.ie, they give 01, 076 and 10 free-minutes every day for pay-as-you go type subscription.

lzbones wrote:
    why don't you take a look at freespeech.ie, they give 01, 076 and 10 free-minutes every day for pay-as-you go type subscription.

OK, did that. Opted for the free setup. Just as a test. I have a live 076 number now, but can't find the old headset I used to have for the PC so can't really hold a converstation without massive feedback from my speakers. I'll hopefully improve things by tomorrow.

Baby steps. I'll eventually work my way up to a fully functional home phone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

lzbones wrote:

Can you transfer your existing 01 number to freespeech?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Can you transfer your existing 01 number to freespeech?
    Frequently Asked Questions » Can I port my eircom number to freespeech ?

I wasn't too thrilled with my Freespeech experience (I could be heard but couldn't hear, and voicemails to my email were practically inaudible)

So it was back to Plan 'A'. I'm on Blueface now with more success (and a free €1 worth of calls to get me started). If I'm happy after using the €1 up, I'll buy some credit and get an 076 number.

Advertisement