Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I be so hungup on this?

Options
  • 28-05-2006 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I had a long explaination written out but it meandered too much so...

My GF and i broke up for 2 months, inside of this time we were in constant contact and she kept telling me how much she missed us. We got back together but after she told me she slept with some guy twice, she also told me she regretted doing it and it meant nothing. She said she did it cos she was angry with me. I was really annoyed cos of how she kept telling me she missed me. We've bin going out for ages and I've known her for longer thats why I was so shocked when she told me because she's v.conservative. She said she was sorry and I said it was ok cos i really like her.

Its still eating at me though, I dont look at her the same anymore and I dont know how much I know her anymore. I never thought she would sleep with a guy after meeting him one night.

So should I be so hung up on this, cos technically we were broken up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

nonamer47 wrote:
    I had a long explaination written out but it meandered too much so...

My GF and i broke up for 2 months, inside of this time we were in constant contact and she kept telling me how much she missed us. We got back together but after she told me she slept with some guy twice, she also told me she regretted doing it and it meant nothing. She said she did it cos she was angry with me. I was really annoyed cos of how she kept telling me she missed me. We've bin going out for ages and I've known her for longer thats why I was so shocked when she told me because she's v.conservative. She said she was sorry and I said it was ok cos i really like her.

Its still eating at me though, I dont look at her the same anymore and I dont know how much I know her anymore. I never thought she would sleep with a guy after meeting him one night.

Nope, shes back with you now. Its only pride now thats bothering you, and she didnt cheat. So dont let it get to you, the added bonus here is now that she knows how crap one nighters are now and she has a lot less chance of straying on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

she was single. she was mad at you as she said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

As Ross from friends once said; "We were on a break".....

although it sounds like your feelings have changed? Maybe its time u moved on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

nonamer47 wrote:

You weren't "technically" broke you, you were broke up.

I have a sneaking suspection that if you had slept with someone with in the 2 months it wouldn't be that big a deal.

It sounds like you broke up with her, if that is the case you have no right to get up on your high horse about what she did. When ever one of my mates breaks up with their girlfriend the first thing we tell him to do is find someone else, be it a snog, shift or shag. It gets your mind off the other person, and also makes you realise there are plenty more fish in the sea and that yes you are still attracted to the opposite sex. Did you expect her to sit around in her room crying all the time?

If she broke up with you then I would be very worried that she only wants to get back together because she is lonely.

Either way I would agree with Dub, sounds like it is time to move on from this relationship. Why did you get back together anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

She obviously just did it to get back at you so it was probably out of character for her. And since you were broken up at the time, forgive and forget man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

this is all easier said than done.
    i totally understand why you're hung up on it, and there's an element of emotional immaturity to it. you've probably found yourself questioning your whole relationship with her.

i'd love to be optimistic about it but if you cant get ur mind off it then maybe your best option would be to leave things with her for a while until you can. seeing her will only make u think about it.

it sucks but i found that worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

This is why ppl shouldn't their partners these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Grem

I know how your feeling, im the kind of person who would be eaten up inside if my boyfriend told me he'd slept with someone else, even if we werent together at the time.
    But from what it sounds like, she didnt mean it, was pissed off with you or whatever and knew it would hurt you the most if she did that. At least she TOLD you about it which shows that she's honest. She didnt have to seeing as you were broken up at the time so just forget about it.
    For your own sanity. She's with you now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

YOU WERE ON A BREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

seriously tho...u had the opportunity to sleep with other people too.its generally a lot easier for a girl to get laid as all they have to do is go to a pub and at least one guy will come onto them.

i wouldnt worry about it.if ur back together forget it and move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

killswitch wrote:
    its generally a lot easier for a girl to get laid as all they have to do is go to a pub and at least one guy will come onto them.

Sad but true, makes men seem like buses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This is why ppl shouldn't their partners these things.

Say what?!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

'tell'

Is her name Fiona?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

'tell'

Is her name Fiona?
    :eek:

Advertisement