Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Advice

Options
  • 28-05-2006 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Right i am moving to Wales in Aug.. House i am moving wont have a phone line but will have Broadband. I am wondering can someone give me advice on a UK based voip company that would have cheap calls to uk but also supplies a number so people from ireland can call me.. I am looking at broadtalk but its irish based.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Why don't you just get setup with an Irish provider. Ringing the UK via VoIP from Ireland or from the UK is going to cost about the same anyway. At least with an Irish number it'll be cheaper for people to ring you from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ya i was thinkin that after i posted.. I signed up with broadtalk so i can a number with it... Thanks bhickey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

Right i am moving to Wales in Aug.. House i am moving wont have a phone line but will have Broadband. I am wondering can someone give me advice on a UK based voip company that would have cheap calls to uk but also supplies a number so people from ireland can call me.. I am looking at broadtalk but its irish based.

Why limit yourself with one VoIP provider?

Get a decent VoIP phone (such as snom.de) and it will have perhaps a dozen "line buttons". You can program each line button (via the phone's web interface using any browser) to use a different service provider. Line 1 might be an Irish geographic number that suits the majority of your callers. Line 2 could be an Irish 076 number so that you would be reachable at local call rates from anywhere in IRL. Line 3 might be a local number in GB-W or a British VoIP number which you give when you are calling a taxi in Wales etc. Line 4 might be for outgoing calls via a service provider in Luxembourg or Germany from which calls to mobile numbers are often cheaper. Line 5 might be for http://www.freeworlddialup.com/ which allows you do call North American toll free numbers free.

If you are going to Japan or Brazil on vacation, you might sign up temporarily for a VoIP number in your destination country so you can check your voicemail regularly with a local call.

You can divert calls from one VoIP number to another or your quaint old mobile. And you can now get mobile phones that can also do VoIP and Wifi.

The options are limitless!

probe

Advertisement