Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I...

Options
  • 28-05-2006 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭

...buy this strat?

3164699021.jpg
    3164699022.jpg
    3164699023.jpg

Comes to 44,100 + 16,500 shipping, then 15,150 import duty/VAT.

Total = JPY 75,750/€527 assuming I get stung for tax.

Is it worth it? Will it beat a US Highway1/Mex classic reissue series/Korean lite ash series all of which are around my price range?

I honestly think this is the one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Another Pic..

3164699025.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

i got three u.s tele and one jap strat and i doubt i'll be buying another one anytime soon

Thats Conalls strat? How do you find the build/playability?

yeah it's conalls old strat,it's fantastic cause it's well played in and the neck feels great,although the frets need a little work nothing major
    i put new pickups in and it makes all the difference (the only weak point on these is the electronics),this is built much better than my older jap jaguar
    i can't say enough good things about the bare knuckle trilogy set
    the only better strat pickups i've heard were on a real '63 dakota red strat
    and actually even they were a bit nosier than the bare knuckles

Excellent, I don't think ~€500 is a bad price for a nice jap strat, even if it has shyte pickups. I love that colour and the aged parts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Damn that is nice. Don't be a fool and spend too much time thinking about it, at that price, there's nothing to think about.

Buy it before I do. :p

I should really buy a car though! But think of the guitars I could buy instead of my 3.5k insurance premium...

Fúck it, im buying it.
    Do you email them with a link to a pic or something? Or is there a checkout?

oh don't get me wrong the original pickups were fine,i'm just a talentless hack with more money than sense ;)

go for it,looks like a beauty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Buy an Ibanez. :)

Feck off! I need a strat! Unless you can point me in the direction of a suitably GAS worthy J-custom for 44,100 yen!

Man that strat is gorgeous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Fúck it, im buying it.
    Do you email them with a link to a pic or something? Or is there a checkout?

There is a secure website to submit your credit card details, and you also send them an email with your address etc. If you make an enquiry saying you want to buy it, you will get an email with all the buying details, and any of the lads here whove bought something off them could forward you the email to speed it up. (i have it if you want it)

I dont know too much about the fenders, but the Jcustoms dont last more than a day or two once they appear, so haste is very important. A nice natural finish Jcustom appeared on thursday i think, and was gone when i checked it again on friday. So run!!

Fine then, buy the strat.

There is a secure website to submit your credit card details, and you also send them an email with your address etc. If you make an enquiry saying you want to buy it, you will get an email with all the buying details, and any of the lads here whove bought something off them could forward you the email to speed it up. (i have it if you want it)

I dont know too much about the fenders, but the Jcustoms dont last more than a day or two once they appear, so haste is very important. A nice natural finish Jcustom appeared on thursday i think, and was gone when i checked it again on friday. So run!!
    That strat has been there for two months :)
    Do they update the u-box regularly when items sell?

Yeah can you forward me the details. Ill PM you my email address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

That strat has been there for two months

Oh right, well i guess they dont get snapped up so quickly, so theres no rush. Im mostly interested in the ibanezs that pop up on the ubox, and the damn things dont last long at all. I try to check every day, but theres been the odd time where i havent gotten near a computer and have missed some brillaint bargains.

They take the guitars off the ubox as soon as they have a confirmed buyer (ie credit card submitted), but they also hold guitars for people for a couple of days, so its possible that you can see a guitar on the wesite, but when you email about it, you can be told that you are second in line or whatever. Thats happened to me again on a few Jcustoms. So ive taken to checking the feckin thing first thing in work in the mornings ;) !!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

buy it you know you want to.

where's anicent1 when you need reassurance.

i'll be buying one myself allbeit with a rosewood fretboard once i get a job in the summer.

let me know how you get on with our japanese cousing (ie. ordering/taxes etc.)

Well, I was looking at that SRV style strat they've got on Ishibashi, so I won't say anything.

I knew strat gas would get to teh KH eventually! Anyway, the email is sent. Fingers crossed they still have it.
    The price is really cheap, i see this guitar is an investment. Worth about €650 over here already I reckon

I knew strat gas would get to teh KH eventually!

Meh, it's nothing new. I had gas for the Lite Ash strat before, it's just Strat gas is weak compared to all other forms of gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

That does look really nice. If it was me I'd ask them a lot of questions about fret wear etc first. Are you happy with its neck profile, radius, fret type etc ?
    FWIW I have both a CIJ strat and a MIK Lite Ash Strat and the frets sprung on the MIK and needed some expensive work after a few months. The CIJ had a really beautifully detailed finish and was perfectly set-up when I got it. It has more of an authentic Fender vibe somehow. The MIK kind of looks more like a generic strat copy. Although the MIK actually sounds more stratty to my ears.
    Anyway what I'm trying to say is, I doubt if you'll go far wrong with a CIJ Fender. Buy the feckin' thing! ;) Worst case I'd imagine you could sell it and not loose much.

Cheers for the info, I emailed them so hopefully it'll be mine, you the MIK's look cheap, especially the headstock and such. I love the vintage vibe about that CIJ alright, the bridge and tuners look spot on. IMO its worth more than €500 anyway, so I cant go wrong at the price of a bog standard mex and a hardcase.

• Advertisement

ZING!
    Hiroaki wrote:
    Used "STRAT MOD.LPB/M(#316469902)" is available now.
    This guitar is modefied guitar.
    The body is '62 reissue type, and the neck is '57 reissue type.
    A few scratches and dents can be seen.
    A little paints comes off on the dent.
    Workling condition is good.
    It comes with soft case.

Emailed them about body materials, pickups etc.

Oh yeah, he gave me a 500 yen discount on account of the scratches, 60,000 yen total, shipped.:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, he gave me a 500 yen discount on account of the scratches, 60,000 yen total, shipped.:rolleyes:

Hey, don't knock 500 yen, that's a pint you can have while waiting for the guitar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Do it. Just do it.

Im waiting for some funds to be switched around. i.e. Get working and earning after my exams! This summer will be fun, working a 72hr week, €10 an hour, and working for 9 weeks. All of which will be spent on guitar shizzle.

I miscalculated, he actually gave me a 2,500 yen discount, Total is 58,000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Doctor J wrote:
    Do it. Just do it.

I don't know how many times those words haunted me in my dreams....

Evil bastard. :p

a 2,500 yen discount

Why that's a whole drinking session right there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

FYI

Per the specs for a brand new st57-70TX on Ishibashi the 57 neck is maple , 7.25 radius and has vintage frets.

The '62 body has Texas special pickups, alder body, and is available in "Old lake placid blue" which looks pretty similar to the one you pictured and has aged plastic bits and bobs.

• Advertisement

Yum, that guitar is mine, im ordering it awaiting a reply. I'll be sure to post pics when I get it!

Oh, is it advisable to get it shipped in a softcase? It seems a waste to drop another 15,000 yen on a hardcase when I can just use a perfectly good strat case i have lying around somewhere

Advertisement