Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Headset

Options
  • 28-05-2006 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to use Skype a bit more and wondered if anyone has any recommendations as to a decent wireless headset? how much they cost and where's the best place to get them from etc?...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

I'd consider using a bluetooth headset combined with a bluetooth usb dongle, both are available from Maplin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alex180366

Hi there,
    I too looked into wireless headsets for voip use, and ended up buying a bluetooth stereo (stero as in both ears!) headset, after much research. The end result was total dissatisfaction with rgerads to the sound quality whist using that headset. I also found bluetooth generally unreliable - swicthing off and dropping conectivuty frequently. Perhaps its just what i bought, but I ended up feeling very dissapointed.
    I now have a regular stereo headset, with a long lead!

My most recent purchase was a Skype Dualphone, wich is a cordless handset, and the results so far are FANTASTIC!
    I am having trouble with using any other voip provider on that handset though.

If you just want wire-free communication, I would highly reccomend the Dualphone.

Feel free to ask anything about my findings!
    Cheers,
    alex180366

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

TDK USB Bluetooth, coupled with a Jabra BT250v bluetooth headset. I have about a dozen of these in the field with no complaints.

Advertisement