Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

classical singing lessons?

• 27-05-2006 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

i love to sing, and im pretty good to. i was trained by mary melody (ironic, isnt it!) for about 2 years, but i wasnt making much progress after the first year, so i left. i want to start again, because although my voice at the moment is good for trad singing which i love, im a bit rough around the edges. so does anyone know of a good quality teacher, preferably based in north dublin? group or individual, i dont mind. i want to start in aughust/september amd il be almost 16 then. thatnks, i appreciate it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Attracta Mann

What type of 'training' have you received in the past? Were they actual training classes or just a singing tuition?

It's actually advised, not to begin training your voice until the age of 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 naydi

really? i never knew that. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kaycrawford

You can, in fact, train your voice at any age - I have taught students of all ages. The female voice does change between the ages of 15-19 and then settles, but it is never to early to begin training. Breathing, technique, and tone production can all be taught and improved, irrespective of how young or old you are.

Regards
    Kay

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Attracta Mann

I know it's possible, but is it advised?

Advertisement